I will tell you what I did a few months ago. Sold most of my Spektrum stuff and went to Hitec.
While I really like Spektrum stuff and have had stellar results from my DX6, DX6i, and DX7 I feel they have really dropped the leadership ball IMHO.
I was shocked when they released an 8ch system without glider programing and sliders. I am stunned they did it again. Just not showing that hungry edge anymore. And I think they are losing other customers too.
You can get the Hitec A9 for a few dollars more (on sale for like $335) and it is a full 9ch radio with:
- 3 model types (including glider!)
- 30 model memories
- Touch screen
- Back-lit screen
- The most intuitive programing I have EVER used - bar none
- Custom menu (where you can put the program features you use most!)
- Almost 100% switch and channel re-assignment
- Sliders - how can you still miss this Spektrum???
- Regular updates via downloads (separate device needed)
- Triple rates
- Flight conditions
I still have my DX7 Spektrum (for bind and fly micros!), but my A9 rocks.