Got my Carbon Cub a week ago, from local model show. Not had a chance to maiden it yet cuz of windy weather.
After reading comments here about servos, I thoroughly checked all of mine, because there wasnt much movement on elevator. Everything seems to work ok though.
If there's insufficient pitch authority, I can always move it to next hole on the control horn.
One problem I've found (just with this model), is that it will bind ok - but then lose the binding when you remove battery. Anyone else had this problem with BNF products? I've got 8 other BNF aircraft/helis - none of those are 'forgotten' by the Tx.
Update 5 June: -
After maiden flight, it needed a few tweaks... On deployment of flaps, nose pitched up severely (40+ degrees) and didnt have enough elevator to compensate (as I suspected). Dialled flap movement down by 30% & moved elevator pushrod to next hole on horn. Had to move battery forwards in bay, (only half of it visible), to get CofG right.
Flies nicely & remains easily controllable, on 100% rates and no expo. Loops easily from level but needs some co-ordinated down elevator during a roll. Landings are long and floaty because it glides quite well.
Note: because second aileron uses ch6 port, Carbon Cub flaps are on Gear switch (ch5), not Flap switch, so Tx flap/elev mixing won't work. I was going to swap flap servo onto ch6 but it would need a Y lead with reverser, to run both ailerons from ch2.
Navigation lights share a Y lead with flaps, into ch6, so would be easy to unplug lights and maybe extend flight times.
Strangely, the binding issue seems intermittent - was ok for a few flights but has come back again.