My club has a Cub event tomorrow and the only Cub I have is the wreckage of the HobbyZone SuperCub trainer I learned on... So... I figured I should spend the evening converting the SuperCub to something that fits my flying style. On my workbench I had a bunch of cheap servos, a 50A ESC and a PowerUp 480. Should be good for close to 400W of power instead of the 50W or something it came with.
So here's the progress to far. I think I'll be done by the end of tonight, but I probably won't fly it for a while, as I just got invited to do some deep sea fishing tomorrow...
Cutting out ailerons. Foam hinge with packing tape reinforcement on the other side.
Motor box taking shape.
Basic motor box done. Probably putting some CF rods in to strengthen it,