Thread: F15 parkjet ...
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

My problem is the little bits like CF tubes etc. - VERY expensive over here ... so I may substitute with old antena tube for stabilators .. or fix front part and hinge rear.
My idea at moment is to use BBQ skewers right through fuselage and into fixed stab's ... 2 of them so they a) brace the structure, b) I don't have to cut / modify the fuselage / stabs too much. I can fit 2 small 4gr servos - giving me mixed surfaces ... ailerons with elevators for various as I find.

I used up a spare HK Parkjet CF mount that basically wasn't any use on a PKJ !! Meant modifying the foam .. but it fits nicely and I reckon with the lower power I'll put through this compared to the PKJ ... will be fine.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

Page generated in 0.09837 seconds with 17 queries