Thread: F15 parkjet ...
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #11
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
Nigel,

+1 on the dual purpose servo. I did it that way in my F4J Phantom and SU-27. On the F4J, the distance to the elevons was fairly long so I used Golden Rod. Worked great. Not sure what your AUW is but the only thing that would concern me is using the 800 3S. Seems like you might need more gooo ! Mine fly with nothing less than 1800 mah but most of the time 2200mah. Just MHO. Looking good !
It's only 70% of Steves original design .. mine is 20" (500mm) wingspan. Smaller than the 50mm T45. So I think it will be OK ... I do have 1300 3S packs as well.
I may swap out the motor later to the 2800kv replacement motor that HK do for one of their powered gliders, but it will mean cutting into the model to sort the wiring.

I know I've made one mistake !! It was only after I glued on the wing and closed up I realised !! I put the ESC in a closed space ... no air flow. It should have gone into one of the ducts. I may use a long skewer to fashion a cooling slot into the frame via the inlets ..

While I'm away on this next trip - I leave house in 1 hr ... I'll have thoughts about colour scheme !

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

Page generated in 0.08857 seconds with 17 queries