View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
Beemerider

Club: Augusta County RC Club
Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by Wildflyer View Post
If you are referring to the little triangular bump on the lower edge, That is the polarizing device. JR & Spektrum servo leads have two corners beveled at a 45 degree, it is slight but it is there. Full size JR receivers, many times have that little bump along both sides of the plug area. Works pretty good, but you can force them in wrong.

If you have Futaba servos, they will have a ridge along one edge of the plug, I just trim that off, scrape a bevel on the edges and plug them in.

I have never found a need to cut the receiver case.

In your picture, the signal wire will be the top row, then positive, with negative on the bottom row. The signal wire is almost always the pin that would have the closest relationship to the circuitry on the board. Pos & neg are common from pin to pin, or left to right
Thanks Wildflyer

You answered a question I had forgotten to ask--that of proper direction of servo lead. I would have ultimately figured it out but you saved me some head scratching. After seeing the previous answer I did the forehead slap thing and wondered why I didn't see that before as the obvious answer. My servos are the inexpensive 9gr variety and slightly filing off the plug corner is the ticket.

Many thanks to everyone's help!

Page generated in 0.08997 seconds with 17 queries