Thread: F15 parkjet ...
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #19
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Well here she is ready to have controls connected to surfaces .... (artistic liberty taken !! As far as I know - no F15 is in RAF service other than maybe evaluation guise .... so I took liberties with colours - using standard F15 grey with red / blue ... )

Sharpeyed amongst you will notice that exhaust pieces are not all fitted .... I decided to not bend in the sheets and fit the exhaust sides ... this is to maintain maximum air flow to the prop ... will see how she goes.

The motor is mounted a bit higher than the plan owing to using a spare Parkjet CF mount. This also raises the prop that little bit away from 'biting' launchers hand !!

The undersides are plain grey overalll to give a good contrast.

AUW with 1300mAh 3S 25C sits at 380grams .... the motor is 2200KV with 5x5 at present - but I reckon to stick a 6x4 on her ... just waiting Postman !

I have single 9gr servo each side to couple ailerons and elevators together ...
I have also described earlier my air-holes to cool the ESC better ...

I am really looking forward to this little gem's maiden. Once I get to know her character - I plan to build another with twin EDF's ... building at the smaller size - I thought would be too small ... but in fact it's ideal for small space flying - well I hope so !!

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

Page generated in 0.08672 seconds with 17 queries