View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 01:08 AM   #6
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by hayofstacks View Post
After talking with my dad, he said that he had a toy usb controlled robot, called a "bo bot". It used a basic stamp controller, and had warnings on it saying to only use digital servo's for required operation. He said that knew the digital servo's were exactly the same, but tested them at that time with an old futaba receiver and found no differance in form, or function between digital and regular servo's. He used some old servo's he found in a am receiver box he got from his dad, shortly aftter he died.

At the time I remember it functioning with an old mxpc controller he had when they were fairly new.

My dad is big into pic controllers, has and adrunio, and plays around with his reprap a lot. He is getting ready to build his second one. The thing I find funny, he has no idea how to size electric motors. I think you would get along well with him.
I've done a lot of stuff with those PicChips, from simple servo drivers, to a PicChip controlled A123 charger that charges a 4S, 5S or 6S2P pack at 10 Amps. The PicChip also operated an LCD display that shows total time, total Amp Hours, current amps, and a few other things. The assembly program for that project was some 30 pages.

Still got two of them, still use them on occasion. They were obsoleted by a Cellpro Powerlab 8 charger.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!

Page generated in 0.08634 seconds with 17 queries