Started the stab and vertical fin today.
I photo copied the stab plan so I didn't ruin the kit plan.
Am I glad I have power saws.
Cut out the stab tips and made the spars.
Started gluing the parts together.
Sanded the fin flat.
Added the top and bottom spar and center section sheeting today.
After sanding check fit of stab to fin.
Now to check fit to fuselage... Oops...
One cut with the saw and now it fits
All the structures are done. All the parts from the kit fit well except for the little dorsal fin to fuselage fit.
A small cut fixed that problem.
Now final fit and finishing.. One big question.. what covering?
I like silk but I would like to use the Towercote I have before it goes bad.
I have four rolls of orange... decisions, decisions...
I have adjusted the incidence to where I want it and now have glued the stab to the fuselage.
The plastic square on the table was used to get the fuselage vertical before leveling the stab.
elevator has to be covered and hinged before fin can be glued in place.
The toothpick is to hold the hinge. Cut off and lightly sanded til flush with the surface and then cover.
The fin has been glued in place.
Alignment had to be checked so it would not be tipping left to right and so it didn't get a built in offset rudder.
And a check of the fit of the rudder before covering and hinging.