pd1
Still Learning

View pd1's Gallery69
Club: Cape Ann RC Model Club
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot  WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (53)

Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
Looking great Paul! You are speeding right along. Overall, how is the quality of the kit? Instructions good? Would you recommend it to others (like myself? )

Frank
Thanks Frank, I would recommend this kit. The build is more work than a laser cut kit, but I knew that going in.

The wood is a bit heavy in this particular kit, but there is always a variation of densities with balsa. My friend has an Astro Hog that has wood that is too light. Between us, we average out to perfect weight.

Instructions are easy and not many problems, other than the modifications I want to make to the plane.

My personal preference would be a slightly smaller plane. I keep hitting things in the workshop when I move the wing. My preference would be around a 50, plus or minus, inch wing.

The wing is done except for the cap strips, I'll wait on them until I have the fuselage done, one less thing to damage while moving parts.

I'll have a slight delay while I repair my Pulse. I flew it through a tree Sunday, broke the aft end of the fuselage off and tore the gear mount out.

The plane fared better than the tree, we cut the tree down to put it out of our misery.

Page generated in 0.08667 seconds with 17 queries