View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
If you want counter rotating 3-bladers, GWS has them in 7" and 6", if you can get them. I've been using Dynam ESCs, which I believe have a 3A switching BEC, all the way down to the 12A size. I never thought about it, but I wonder if the switching BECs can be combined? I know that shouldn't be done with linear BECs, but maybe it can be with switching. Irregardless, you could quite possibly run 9, 4.5gm servos from a 3A switching BEC, granted the 3A rating is actually correct. I know firsthand that the Eflite 30A Pro ESC will run at least 5 of them, and I believe it has a switching BEC of only .7A.
3 bladers I think will be saved for decent surfaces ... which rarely have now. Belly landing will destroy 3 bladers I reckon ... I can take-off as I laid 25m of hard rubber runway, but it's only 1.4m wide !!

The ESC / BEC question ... I have no worries unlikje some about linear BEC's .. never had a problem so far. I've run and do run 5 servo machines of 3A .. 5A BEC's ...
But here I will be running possibly 9 servos + 2 servoless electric retracts. That's a lot for a single BEC, separate or not. So I want to see about using more than 1 BEC from the ESC's ..

1 dedicated for the retracts just in case of stalled leg !

the remaining servos divided up among the remaining 3 BEC's ... ie 3 servos each.

How to wire them up ? Is it connect red leads direct to BEC's and only one red to rx ... with signal and grounds common ?
Is it better to have separate Rx power pack with servos powered independently ?

Anyone done this ? I bet others are interested if they do multi motor jobs ..

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

Page generated in 0.12145 seconds with 17 queries