View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #6
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery82
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (17)

Originally Posted by pmullen503 View Post
Another unusual but oddly handsome airplane.

Interesting way to do the rudders. You'll have to show a photo of the rudder pushrods when the elevators are attached. Is there a "Z" bend downward in the pushrods to clear the elevators at the hinge line?

I've got a DH-91 Albatross at the top of the build queue for this winter and it has twin rudders; always looking for better way to do them.
I'll have to show the other side also. There is a groove channeled in the bottom of the hinge frame, where the pushrod exits from. A small downward angle is all that's needed, as the pushrods will remain close to the hingeline such that the elevator would require reasonable down deflection before hitting the rudder pushrods. The pushrod ends may exit just a slight distance from the actual hingeline, so as to not contact the elevator at the initial exit point. The rudder horns will mount slightly below the hingeline, and reasonably close to the rudder hingeline, although not too close so as create slop/softness, such as 10mm distance. Not much down elevator travel should be required either, unless I were to attempt to fly this thing inverted.

Page generated in 0.09571 seconds with 17 queries