View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery82
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (17)

Originally Posted by hoffboy View Post
One of my favorite types. I've done quite a bit of research over the years. You'll probably enjoy this color video. The Aerovan fly-by is brief, but enticing. http://www.rafjever.org/stationpic1039.htm
There is little footage of this plane, given that it's post WWII. Even the photos are almost all B/W. I'll have to find what plug-in is required to view the video clip, as I've become leery about downloading media software from a site that says you need to get it from them to watch a clip. I also noticed that there is a sim version of the plane. I would imagine that some of the top sims have become advanced enough to simulate flight based on the overall shape, weight, power, airfoil sections, etc. It would be interesting to see what the full scale flew like.

Not much progress to show, other than building the rudders, sheeting the stab, and cutting some wing formers. The basic wing framing is now drawn out also. Once again I'll still try to push the idea of scoring a plan with a dull exacto, which leaves a print on the wood below for the cut line. It's a fast and sufficiently accurate way to make parts.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Miles_Aerovan_3.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	164195

Name:	Miles_Aerovan_4.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	164196