View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #10
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery82
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (17)

Originally Posted by pmullen503 View Post
I understand how the rudder linkage works now. From the earlier photo it looked as though the rudder linkage might have exited at the hinge line instead of in front of it.

Shouldn't be noticeable at all unless you flip the plane over. Easily accessible for adjustment too.
I've used micro E-Z links and also the small thumbwheel Flyzone links for adjustment, but I'll probably just set the surfaces straight without adjusters. I've done this before with dual rudders and it works well. The idea is to use thin ply control horns, making the 90 degree bends on the pushrod ends as close as possible to where they should be, to fit into the control horn holes with the rudders parallel. The control horns are pre-fitted into slots cut into the rudders, with an interference fit tight enough that the horns won't move if you look at them the wrong way. Next, fine adjust the control horn positions in the rudders such that the rudders are parallel to each other. Finally apply a drop of thin CA to the horns to fix them in the rudders. Once set properly, they shouldn't lose adjustment unless damaged from abuse, and the horns can always be cut out and reset. All 3 rudders would still be adjustable as a unit, at the servo.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Miles_Aerovan_6.jpg
Views:	1039
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	164229
Click image for larger version

Name:	Miles_Aerovan_7.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	164230

Page generated in 0.20923 seconds with 20 queries