Household Christmas preparations have really eaten into building opportunities but I have managed to cover the wing with 5 momme silk and varnish. Likewise the fuselage which has now been glued into place as well. ( pic 1)
The removable fuselage hatch has been marked out and cut away to give total access to the battery and servo/ receiver bays. (pic 2)
Having looked at the possibilities I've decided to go with dual aileron servos mounted flat to the wing in the left and right fuselage walls with the control arms on the outside of the fuselage perpendicular to the wing.
This will be the simplest set up and very easy to adjust or repair.
When it came to sourcing material for the ailerons and tailplane set ups I discovered that my local model shop ( really a model railway supplier)
no longer stocks balsa " as nobody buys it" so I'm stuck with looking at experimenting with 3mm depron pizza trays or driving to the city for balsa.
In keeping with the scrap theme of the build I think that I should go for the recycled trays and see what happens.