View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery82
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (17)

Originally Posted by baz49exe View Post
Great work Bill.
I always enjoy seeing how you solve those engineering issues that arise in the course of your builds.
It may look a little like a tugboat at the moment but I'll bet you're pleased with all that internal space for installing the works.

Barry
Thanks Barry. It is pretty roomy inside. The only areas that will be cramped, are ones of my own doing such as the nose steering servo. I was barely able to feed the pushrod s-bend into place, while installing the servo with it's mounting plate in the small area. The only concern I have with this one is keeping the gear/battery forward, to avoid the need for ballast. I've been on a roll for quite some time in not needed to add any nose weight to a build, by careful gear and battery placement. The nose servo was crammed into the nose area, so that the battery can mount directly behind it, likely installed from the bottom. With the tail servos installed directly behind the cocpit area, balance shouldn't be too far off.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Miles_Aerovan_11.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	164536

Name:	Miles_Aerovan_12.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	164537