View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #23
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery82
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (17)

Originally Posted by baz49exe View Post
Jimmy, thanks very much, hope you are all well there.
I will indeed need luck as it is after all a control line model with flat wings .

Micheal, the weather has turned bright and cold so tomorrow may well be a flying day and I can try it out. I really hope so. Whether it will actually fly or not it's been great to see the shape of my very first plane in solid form again. If it doesn't I'll just hang it in the workroom but to see it fly well would be great!!

Thanks Bill, I need to check out Microlite. Is it as strong as silk? I need the strength of the silk to support the foam as it gives the structure to the whole frame really.
I don't really like a lot of power. It's just a bonus in this case.
The silk would probably be far stronger, although the Microlite provides a lot of stiffening. I imagine one benefit of silk or glass is that you don't need the CF reinforcement that would otherwise have to be used though, so I imagine there's some trade off there.
Nice and warm here today, although pouring rain for the past few days. Supposedly snow tomorrow, which would probably be better. You gotta love flying in a fresh, heavy snow, where you get great bad landing insurance.

Page generated in 0.08347 seconds with 17 queries