View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (8)

Not only that .. but when modifications or straying from design - many are personal ideas and may be unnecessary. They can hide a design fault or bring in others that a newcomer would miss.

But I admit I overstepped the mark as I compared a 'magazine' review situation with a forum personal review ..

The silly bit is that mag reviews are usually carried out by modellers NOT employed staff of the publication ... they were guys 'on call' to build and fly ... I know of one guy personally who did it for one of the Brit mags ... his payment was to keep the model !! You'd think he was given everything to complete ... motor, fuel etc. ? Nope ! Only the kit was supplied. Everything else came from his spares box ...

Funny enough - I beat him at the Southern Area Scale Championship one year !!

Cheers
Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

Page generated in 0.08410 seconds with 17 queries