Thread: best charger
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (18)

Originally Posted by egrave1 View Post
What is the best charger for around $100 to $125 that charges more then 1 lipo at a time and charges fast
Several club members have the Hitec model as below. It has a max output of 6 amps, and four channels. The charger is limited to 80 watts per channel, so if you're charging a 6S LiPo, you will be limited to a 3 Amp maximum charging rate.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FcpDMgodyj0Arg

The Cellpros are good, I've got two Cellpro Powerlab 8's and use them to charge my 12S2P A123 cells in 15 minutes. But, that charger is pulling 55 Amps out of your 12 Volt power supply in the process. Forget about connecting that unit to a deep cycle battery while pulling 55 Amps. That will promptly kill just about any deep cycle lead acid battery. Don't ask.

Cellpro chargers only allow charging one battery at a time, or you can parallel connect them with Cellpro parallel cable accessories.

Three or four members have the Cellpro 10xP chargers. A nice fairly high powered charger.

Unfortunately, high quality AND high power LiPo battery chargers are not compatible with cheap prices!

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!

Page generated in 0.09392 seconds with 17 queries