01-15-2014, 04:27 PM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Keller, TX
Thanked 265 Times in 260 Posts
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
$75 Build Contest- X47B-UCAS
I’m going to build the Northrup Grumman X-47B- UCAS.
It’s now been successfully catapult launched and landed on the Navy’s USS Harry S. Truman and USS George W. Bush. Our tax dollars at work ! The program only cost about $1B thus far. Not too bad considering everything else.
My budget is tight but doable. A late entry, but I think I have a chance of getting her built and flown within the prescribed March 1 deadline.
I have the plans from “crispy” who has a business called: http://foamconceptjets.yolasite.com/
The BOM is rather simple:
· Elmers foam board ( ~ $ 8.00 from Wal*Mart)
· 70mm edf w/ 60amp esc combo ( $50.00 from Hobbypartz.com)
· (2) 9g servos ( included in Hobbypartz pkg)
· Rods, horns, connectors ( already have)
· 20 oz Styrafoam cup for nacelle ( $2.00 from Dollar Tree )
· Plans from foam concept jets – ( $10.00)
· RX- Lemon ( already have)
· 3300mah 4S 40C CHL lipo ( already have)
So, I’m right at about USD $70.00 . Pretty unique foam jet in that it uses a removable thrust tube that can be transferred to other models in his very cool line up. One motor/esc services several jets with a quick change over.
As a special helper, Crispy has produced a series of Youtube build vids I can use as a reference when I have a question.
Here’s his flight demo: http://youtu.be/jqHbVeNk8f0
Will start cutting foam parts this week.