View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by Flysfloats View Post
Yesterday while flying my Fun Cub around I heard an awful "screeching" coming from the plane!! I thought it might be the collet/prop loose on the motor shaft so I cut the throttle and landed.

I checked things over and all is tight? I advanced the throttle slightly and got a short ratcheting of the prop and noise but when the throttle was increased things seemed normal.

The motor is an Exceed-RC 3010-1400kv but I don't think the problem is model specific. I took the prop off and advanced the throttle again, same result, momentary jerky movement and then smoothing out as a bit more throttle was advanced. When making the noise/movement and closing the throttle the shaft/motor almost seems to stop abruptly.

What do you suggest? I know I can change motors, I can just fly it and see what happens, or maybe take it out of the plane and disassemble and see if I can find anything??

Looking forward to your comments. FF
Do you have access to another ESC to check out your ESC/motor? If your motor leads are accessible, all you need to do is hang the other ESC over the outside of the model, plug in a battery and receiver and give it a try.

We had a club member with the same exact thing a few weeks ago. His wiring was first class, it was fixed by replacing the ESC.

And, as indicated by Mivins, double check the integrity of your motor/ESC wiring.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!

Page generated in 0.09349 seconds with 17 queries