Old 03-10-2014, 03:01 AM   #1
Nodd
Build something.

View Nodd's Gallery3
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (3)
Default Nodd's Great Planes Spectra

Back in the '80s I used to fly the heck out of my wooden rudder/elevator Gentle Lady. Wonderful little glider, would launch her from a high-start. Most flights were only a couple of minutes but once in a while I'd hook a thermal & it was game on. Since then I've flown all manner of sailplanes & I still enjoy thermal duration. Recently I've had a yearning to return to my roots & fly an old wooden two channel. My buddy Roger had an old beat up Spectra collecting dust so offered me the airframe. Okay so its not a Gentle Lady & it is electric powered (no high-start) but close enough.

So anyway after looking the airframe over & doing some surfing online I've decided I'd like to make a few modifications before slapping some electronics in her. The following is a record of my adventures with this fun little glider.

And before you guys start in with the comments, which I welcome by the way... I should mention that I'm not at all worried about maximizing performance or optimising handling. This project is purely for the fun of tinkering with an old airframe. While I welcome advice you should know I'm a stubborn SoB & will invariably end up doing things my way anyway. I have a pretty clear idea of what I'd like to do here & I think you'll like what I have planned. And if not, then you can tell me "told you so" when she falls out of the sky. Enjoy...

Page generated in 0.10087 seconds with 17 queries