View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,181 Times in 2,088 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (314)

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
It always amazes me that shut-off vakves are not placed more in systems splitting them up.

When I started reconstruction of my present place - I followed same as I did in previous. Shut off valves at each item of the system. So I could replace a tap, pipe, connector etc. without whole house needing shut-down. The plumber who works on my present place - he agreed with my reasoning - but STILL I found work where they hadn't fitted valves.

To me it's same as breakers on electrics - I have a breaker for EACH ring .. means I can isolate lights or sockets in each room alone without rest of house blacking out.

I also don't agree with burying under concrete etc. unless there is a conduit pipe to allow replacement of pipe or cable that passes through it ...

Good on yer babe ... my wife can't even change a light bulb or plug !!

Nigel
I Agree with you Nigel, if pipes are under a house they should in a conduit to where you can get to them to replace them if needed and have Access panels on the side of the house.

very few women are mechanically inclined, maybe about 1% they work on cars, trucks and jets and are techs , but like i said very few women. they are Geeks and Nerds Like Me LOL Take care, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL

Page generated in 0.08297 seconds with 17 queries