View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,190 Times in 2,096 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (317)

Originally Posted by JFonseca View Post
Hi,

I have been arround electric flight for some years now - since the first Ikarus ECO Piccolo helicopter, which had a fantastic 90seg autonomy with NiMH!

Even though I fly electric for a few years, I don't now much about the theme - I'm only an user.

I would like your help to solve a non-RC problem. I have a Honda CRF 450X motorcycle, which has a 6A 12V lead battery that I want to replace (Yuasa YTZ7S).

The original battery specs:
Voltage: 12
Capacity: 6
Dimensions: 4.4375" x 2.75" x 4.125"
Weight: 4.6 lbs.
Metric Dimensions: 113mm x 70mm x 105mm
Metric Weight: 2.1 kg
Polarity:
Acid Volume: N/A
Amps: 0.6
C.C.A.: 130

The battery should be light, resistent to shock, powerful, not ignite in contact with water and capable of being charged by the original system.

I was thinking about o use 6 packs of these:

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...iver_Pack.html

1- Do you think it can be charged without problem with the original system?
2- Do you have a better alternative?

Thanks for your help,
JFonseca
Hi, The Motorcycles Charging System is not designed to Charge Ni-MH Batteries, also the Ni-MH battery packs cannot deliver enough amps to start the engine with the electric starter, Good idea, but no go, use the original lead acid or a gel cell battery designed for you Bike, and that will keep you out of Electrical Problems, Take care and have fun, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL

Page generated in 0.11115 seconds with 17 queries