View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 07:05 AM   #1
Wildflyer
2014 President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (7)
Exclamation Spektrum & JR 2.4 Folding antennas

If you fly with a Spektrum or JR 2.4 radio's with the folding antennas, please be careful with the hinge. If the hinge breaks, it would be a good idea to get the antenna replaced as soon as feasible.

My antenna hinge broke, apparently one of the short hinge pins fell out. Just why they made this way is beyond me, it could have been so much stronger, so simply, it doesn't make sense.

I was trying to be gentle with the antenna until I could fix it. On the last time I took it out, I bumped the top of the antenna a little more than I meant to and it folded around backward, I put it back it the regular position and launched.

Just after the first turn the motor shut down (AR500 Rx) and the plane went in from about 300'. Busted up but repairable.

After I got home, I was looking at the broken hinge joint in the antenna, and noticed the coax antenna wire was pinched flat, clearly shorting the inner and outer conductors together.

Luckily my LHS had a replacement antenna, so I am back in business.

Dave R, Proud PGR rider.
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.

Page generated in 0.14461 seconds with 17 queries