View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 06:11 AM   #7
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,127 Times in 2,037 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (306)

Originally Posted by RVDriver View Post
Right Chellie, This is all I get for a answer "Brushless is better"

WHY?

Plane type:Hobby Zone Super Cub S. Think they are the only ones with "SAFE" Tech thats what the "S" is.
Whats Needed is Specs when asking this type of Question. if this is the plane, a person can give a better Answer, Lots of Super Cubs out there.

Specs

Wingspan: 47.7 in (1212mm) Overall Length: 32.5 in (826mm) Flying Weight: 25.2 oz (714 g) Motor Size: 480-size brushed motor (installed) Radio: DX4e 4-channel transmitter (included) Servos: (2) SV80 servos (installed) Prop Size: 9 x 6 Recommended Motor Battery: 11.1V 3S 1300mAh LiPo battery (included) Flaps: No Retracts: No Charger: DC 3S LiPo balancing charger with AC power supply Is Assembly Required: Yes Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour Plane Type: Scale Civilian Experience Level: Beginner Power Plant Size: 450-480 Electric Recommended Environment: Outdoor Fuel Type: Electric

This would be a great motor for the Plane listed above, you will need the extra power to fly off of water with Floats, this motor will give you a better than 1.5 to 1 Power ratio, use a 3 cell 2200 mah lipo of about 40C and a 10x6 prop, for max Thrust, use a 40 amp esc,

With a Brush motor you may or may not be able to get off of the water

http://www.headsuphobby.com/Firepowe...otor-E-640.htm

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL

Page generated in 0.08837 seconds with 17 queries