View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 01:10 AM   #3
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by time bandit View Post
I'm about to to buy one of these radios. I know Spektrum has been around for a good while and they have awesome customer service. The Tactic 650 seems to be a solid Tx for the price with what appears to be some extra functions that the DX6i doesn't have (except for model match on DX6i). Hobbico backs them up and has been in R/C for a long time as well. I can't decide which way to go. I've read reviews and spoken to owners of both radios. Just can't make up my mind?
From various reports, seems that most name brand radios work OK. As you indicate, that Spektrum model match feature is important, if you've got a bunch of models. If your thing is going to very large fun flies, that Spektrum DSMX technology is as good as it gets for operation in heavily used 2.4 Ghz frequencies. That would be somewhere around one hundred 2.4 Ghz radios all turned on at the same time.

Also, check the prices of the receivers. The Spektrum brand receiver price starts off at $29.99, and the off label Spektrum compatible receivers are a fraction of that price.

As for who is buying what, perhaps this thread might be useful?
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71276

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!

Page generated in 0.08670 seconds with 17 queries