View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 08:52 AM   #1
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)
Default Doubling ... Tripling up LiPo packs ?

OK.. before anyone gets wrong idea ... my main point here is to get people to post their experiences so anyone looking to do this can gain some advice / info to help.

Lets take my LiPo inventory ......... I have literally a box full of 3S packs, mostly in the 2200 size... 25C

I am looking at maybe putting together a model that will take a 6S capable motor and that means 6S LiPo ... so why not double up some of my 3S jobbies to get the required.

Care of course has to be in the main wiring going to ESC as now we are talking over 22V etc. that with maybe 20 - 30A is a lot of power ...
The LiPo's series connection has to be made with care as well ... and of similar good grade wire.

So I'm now asking for examples of models ... type, size, weight along with some battery, motor, ESC details etc.

This will go a long way to help those venturing into this arena ...

It can also assist those who are considering altering a moderate sized or larger IC engine model to E-Power.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

Page generated in 0.08521 seconds with 17 queries