View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #6
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Originally Posted by Davethebluessinger View Post
I'll Dig out the ESC Details and post later, I think it's a Hobbywing 60A but not sure of exact details....
Contrary I know to your original question How to wire a BEC in ... my reasoning is simple.

KISS.

The Pushycat is not a large or demanding machine in terms of servos etc. It is a medium parkfly ... reasonably fast pusher machine. It has unless modified a couple of 9gr or similar sized servos ... 3 if you separate ailerons.

If you are using a Hobbywing 60A ESC - then unless you have an Opto ESC - then this should work well enough without need for a separate BEC .. and I am well aware that you are going to use a 4S pack.

So if it was me ... I would not bother with a separate BEC if the ESC has a BEC as usually found with Hobbywing ESC's .. which are a good reputable brand. Saves wiring up .. saves a few gr's ..... just makes it that simpler.

But that's me of course ... simple at heart !

If you do want to wire in a BEC ... then you are best soldering to the ESC plug that connects to the battery .. so when you plug in battery it connects to both ESC and BEC together. If the ESC has a BEC built in - then unclip the red lead from the ESC servo lead plug ... you can lift the little plastic tab and pull the pin out. Little bit of tape to hold it out of way and covered.
If it's an Opto ESC - then nothing needs to be done to ESC servo lead.

There is no real advantage with your model to have a separate BEC unless ESC is without inbuilt BEC. Sorry but that's my opinion.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

Page generated in 0.08665 seconds with 17 queries