View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 12:24 AM   #4
carpetbagger

Friends: (0)
Default adventure with Sharpies . . .

My QB 10H will be silked, and I had a dyed some silk with Rit, but . . . spackle patches and other wookies left the fuse rather mottled. The 24" liteply wasn't long enough after I moved the firewall forward for the electric motor install since I like to keep the prop disk where it was designed to go, and thata bit of splicing was done on the tail end. So I figure if I gave it a red wash coat then the red silk would look a little better.

Enter the red Sharpie . . . I want to the ink out. I cut the back end off and see a cartridge-like thinger, so I cut a little more and grab the cartridge and pull it out. Oh dear, getting kinda messy, and me with no nitrile gloves on. Then I slice the cartridge with a single edge razor and pluck out the fiberous ink soaked mess and drop it in a small dollop of dope thinner. Yahoo! Success! I have red thinner, ad dope and give various parts a red wash coat. Problem is my hands are RED. In fact after two days off washing, scrubbing, dipping and various solvents, I still have red marks.

There has to be a better way to get ink out of a Sharpie . ..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QB 10H 014.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	176233

Page generated in 0.12589 seconds with 19 queries