Thread: Hinge tape....
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 11:05 PM   #2
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

You will get various ways to do this posted ...

I rarely use tape alone - I prefer proper hinges and then use tape to seal any gap.

BUT the main error you made is the 1/16th gap and flat.

The old way to do it was : (Lets say its elevator)

Fold elevator back so it's on top of stab ... with hinge line together. This means the V will make it sit at an angle. Apply tape along the joint and press in place. Now fold elevator other way - STILL keeping hinge line closed up and apply tape other side. Once all pressed into place - return elevator to mid neutral ...

Another : The X hinge ...

Take strips of tape ... in pairs. Flip one over and stick tip to another sticky sides together. This now is stuck ie one end on TOP of elevator... down through and other end stuck UNDER stab. Take another and do the opposite way alongside it creating an X hinge. Do this at multiple points along the hinge line. It's an old method from Control Line days ..

and others of course !

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

Page generated in 0.09108 seconds with 17 queries