View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)
Default F16 - tractor prop !

Back in Glow days it was common to have Jets with motors mounted up front ... I had Mirage 2000, Mig 15 etc. and they all flew very well. No worries about Prop Bite when launched ... balance was easy to set-up.

So here's a little gem that I picked up online ... but I have been playing with it to remove some of the more obvious non-scale parts (it will never be scale - it's what I call Impression Scale).

I'm not sure who drew up the original - but my thanks to him and I hope he does not object too much my using the plan ...

One of the first things I did was to move the tail plane back into the fuselage line .. lower it to same level as main wing. Size was reduced to a more reasonable level.

Then the main wing was angled more on LE sweep .. span reduced so the outline was more in keeping with an F16.

Exhaust cone added to rear ..

Work on the plan is still ongoing ...

Intention is to have a high KV motor up front and a reasonable small high pitch prop. Basically swap a PUSHER set-up round to the nose !!

I hope the weight will go down .. plan shows 850gr .......... I hope to get this significantly down .. maybe to about 500gr ..

Construction in Depron and floor sheet ..

Attached are original plans (showing the 15 Glow ) ...

More will be posted as I work on the plans ..

Nigel

Attached Files
File Type: pdf F16 Falcon.pdf (710.1 KB, 41 views)

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

Page generated in 0.09301 seconds with 18 queries