Thread: Another Newbie
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 09:31 PM   #1
RickSt

Friends: (0)
Default Another Newbie

Hi y'all,

I've wanted to get into this hobby since I was a kid but it seemed to always get put on the back burner until now. My wife made me retire a year ago and we moved to Central Florida. Now I have all the time in the world with nothing to do until a buddy of mine recently got into the hobby and he in turn introduced me to others who have been flying for years. The past couple of Sundays we've went to a flying field nearby where I've had the chance to fly on a buddy box. I've been reading as much as I can and asking a lot of questions. When asking about the best plane to begin with it seems everyone has an opinion and rarely are any the same. That's where the forums have helped.

This morning after a dentist appointment I drove on over to Graves RC in Orlando. I explained to them that I was brand new in the hobby and he agreed with the forums and went straight to the Apprentice S 15E. He said there is nothing else like it on the market and it's appealing to older flyers also because they aren't showing up used in the classifieds. I also asked a couple of other customers their opinions and they said they wished they had been able to start out on an Apprentice. So I bought one with an extra battery.

As much as I'd love to put the Apprentice together and go flying, Arthur is keeping us all grounded right now as he churns up off the east coast and is sending rain bands over Central Florida. So I'll stay busy reading the manuals and reading the forums until the weather breaks.

Rick

Page generated in 0.08980 seconds with 17 queries