View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 11:40 PM   #1
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery86
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (17)
Default Comet Models Albatros DV

May as well have another "first" here, after converting the Comet Cherokee. I haven't found any other conversions of these models on the forums. Like the Cherokee, the die-cut parts for this model make Guillows die-cut parts look like laser cut. The Cherokee had a wing former that was cut partway off the parts sheet. For this model, they simply didn't give you any of the first fuse former.

After cutting out the fuse parts, I figured setting up the prop/spinner assembly would be a good start. This is one of those "crank the heck out of the prop nut and don't ever break the prop, since you can't get in there again" setups. Amazingly with a bit of tape weight experimenting, I managed to balance the setup well, using CA behind the backing plate as the permanent balancing weight. The motor is a Heads Up RC 250 plus outrunner with GWS 7035 prop, which will tolerate 3s, at a bit less than full throttle. http://www.headsuphobby.com/Power-Up...otor-E-536.htm

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Albatross_Comet_1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	177084  

Page generated in 0.16798 seconds with 19 queries