Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Beginners - Helis
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)
Default Walkera V120D02 Flybarless CP Micro Heli, Super !

After the Coaxial experience, soon becomes boring and you want something more. Fixed Pitch are defintely a good next step, you'll keep reading some feel the CP is easier to fly then some FP. I'm somewhere between that statement. But be warned a CP is the acrobatic venture, highly responsive, a few new pilots fail to even hover these.

But for a starter, especially if you really like thes micro minis, here's a great example whats out there.

Having issues with the EFlite new flybarless release micro, still waiting for main blade grips, so elected to try the completely RTF version of the V120D02.

I'm delighted with this entry, its been out a short while and proven model, hover is increadible and delightful. I have flown CP models, not acrobatic, but can hover these beasts and its really a trip. Rotation is faster and they will zip away with wrong inputs so be warned.

But this is the new flybarless model couldn't wait to give one of these a try. Concerned it would be abit unsteady, but thats not the case at all, simply very effiecient flyers. Hovers like a dream and can fly the mini micros inside. They are something...

Here's my maiden outside to get the feel for this one, it 360'D on me as crevice on the pavement but went right up to a solid hover ! Again I've flown some CP'S so not entirely new at this, but will say right off this ones a treat. Now hovering easily in the living room.

Only advice is have extra batteries, its loads of fun.

The canopy is extremely attractive, its a winner for me

So when your ready, give this puppie a very strong thumbs up again especially if your enjoying the Mini Micros as I....Good Luck !!

Few bucks more you get the RTF Version, it hovered right out of the box !
http://www.xheli.com/walkeraheli-v12...l-rtf-lcd.html

My outside maiden, now flying in the living room, its hovers beautifully..

Again caution this is not the beginner heli, but a solid Mini Micro CP Flyer Indeed ...And its the latest, FLYBARLESS....

Psssst again I'm still new to these models, the acrobatic switch was incorrectly on, found the directions could be more user friendly, but it didn't fire up and gave warning beeps something was amiss. Quickly found the switch and all was right with the world, so its nearly fool proof, for dumb flyers as myself, hah....

Also note on mine only had to plug in the heli battery to the heli first, then with the throttle down, it binds with the transmitter after several seconds and a few beeps and again this one hovered with no changes right out of the box, nice....

Fine note, is a beep when you plug in the heli battery, then turn on the transmitter takes several seconds and another beep and few seconds wait for final beep and binding complete...has a 3 gyro stable system and works fine. On small inputs it leans forward then moves forward unlike other CP models screaming forward immediately, tho input is quick, the slightest delay helps on the maiden hover experience.

If your one of the ones that goes directly to a CP after the coaxial strongly suggest you have assistance from a seasoned Heli pilot, these are not the timid flyers at all, extremely responsive as designed for immediate response acrobatic flying if you so desire. But simply hovering, scale flying also a treat, you got tiger in the tank now, hold on.....
Old 04-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Dang just hovering this puppie, but the new flybarless entry, its like reving up the old GTO feeling all the power, but yet to put thru the gears feeling the high torque, hah...love it...
Old 04-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

View kenchiroalpha's Gallery2
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (168)

Hi phillip
Congratulations
Very nice heli
Why is it everyone down plays the coax, they are more then just for the novice and i could never find them boring
I fly them all coax fp and cp , in fact the majority of my hanger are coaxes and i started and learned on a CP then later got some fps and coaxs only after mastering the CP
Set up properly there can be as quick and fun as an fp and can do all the same manuvers
Jmho
May she bring you much enjoyment in the years to came
Take care dear friend
Yours Hank

"When wild the head-wind beat,Thy sovereign Will commanding, Bring them who dare to fly, To a safe landing."
Old 04-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Good point, when I first flew the coaxial helis while back, I wondered why would you want to fly anything else, they are increadibly stable, beginners friend. But there is always other models out there and want the taste for others.

Also amusing recently one of our local flyers was going to sell his trainer, then after he flew it elected Not To Sell and had a buyer right there ! Guess the attraction on these is always comforting to have some stable flyers in your hanger...

Yep they can be zinged up, one of our heli flyers has a FP that Flys nearly like a CP other than the inverted, it screams around jet like. Tune 'em up, you better believe it !

Having these trainers always brings smiles on your face, can't beat 'em...

Pssst going back to my Novus 125 FP right now, always need more orientation practice, and for a coaxial, managed to buy when on sale the $69 Eflite Coaxial Tandem 4 bladed heli, its something else to see flying in your living room.

Take a peek, love it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM9s5pom_p8
Old 04-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Awards Showcase

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by phillipmorris View Post
Good point, when I first flew the coaxial helis while back, I wondered why would you want to fly anything else, they are increadibly stable, beginners friend. But there is always other models out there and want the taste for others.

Also amusing recently one of our local flyers was going to sell his trainer, then after he flew it elected Not To Sell and had a buyer right there ! Guess the attraction on these is always comforting to have some stable flyers in your hanger...

Yep they can be zinged up, one of our heli flyers has a FP that Flys nearly like a CP other than the inverted, it screams around jet like. Tune 'em up, you better believe it !

Having these trainers always brings smiles on your face, can't beat 'em...
Hi Phillip
Well said
I still have all my trainers both fixed wing and heli
All of my aircraft are fun in their own way and i love flight period
Any vehicle that can fly i enjoy immensely be it parkflyer, aerobatic, glider, scale,2,3 ,4 and higher channel why even a paper plane can be a hoot
Take care dear friend
Yours Hank

"When wild the head-wind beat,Thy sovereign Will commanding, Bring them who dare to fly, To a safe landing."
Old 04-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Awards Showcase

Talking

Originally Posted by phillipmorris View Post

Pssst going back to my Novus 125 FP right now, always need more orientation practice, and for a coaxial, managed to buy when on sale the $69 Eflite Coaxial Tandem 4 bladed heli, its something else to see flying in your living room.

Take a peek, love it..

Hi Phillip
Cool
I looked at those when they first came out but the high price put me off
Will have to see if i can find one at this new lower price
Heres a few of my helis btw
Do enjoy
http://www.rchangout.com/forums/album.php?albumid=24
Take care dear friend
Yours Hank

Old 04-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Yep, the tandem originally was about $179, pricy, then they put it in close out sales at near half price and less, if your lucky might still find one at the new lower price, but they sell out quickly now. Its a unique flyer, and being a coaxial quite stable. Friend of mine new to helis and flying is enjoying his tremendously, only flying characteristic is it wants to lay to the right on lift off, simple oposing stick and it lifts straight and again very fun to fly, lights, action, they don't come much better than this puppie.

When I find ships that fly for me you'll likely hear about it, as many don't do all that well.

My now favoreds are the new Flyzone Corvalis, this puppies a honey I actually land it rather well, beautiful glide and handling, bonus the bright strobe and LED fantastic.

Like the gliders and the Radian exceptional tho heard are some type of issues with the newer version with flaps...

Some reason having good luck with the micro mini helis at the moment, they keep making them better, larger usually flys better but they are super fun indoors.

My hats off to the MSR, its so darn stable after loads of flights nearly too easy to fly, a beauty. But enjoying the heavier feel on the Novus 125 FP, also super, making orientation progress with it in mini quarters, its taking a beating and flys terrific.

This new V120 is for future flying, have to have something to challenge, again hovers fantastic...

Going to check your heli's, I do have a Blade 400 for summer flights, now if I can at last handle it above the hover and scale flying, still a fun beast...

BEST ..<>..
Old 04-03-2011, 09:17 PM   #8
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Whew have you got the coaxials, I've enjoyed some of those, like the fuse look of the porpoise one nearly as small as your pkg of Marlboro, hah. Nice ...
Old 04-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #9
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Hover with the CP in the living room, easy as stable if you've flown CPS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3PIR2GVe0U
Old 07-08-2011, 09:30 PM   #10
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Later clip on this flybarless model, has very stable handling even in tight quarters, great fun flyer.

Whats perhaps fun attempting to fly the cp models is they are more responsive and its fun to tame them, this one is near easy, take your time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLVjyYFmiv8
Old 12-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #11
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn6OQ...Q&feature=plcp

Outside flight with the v120, tho cps are not beginner helis, this one has a low throw for example inside fun, I'm more scale flying but trying to show its forward quickness, its fun.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Beginners - Helis