Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
yorkiepap

Club: AMA/LHMAC
Friends: (2)
Default New Durafly DH Vampire....

Hey guys,
I'm a diehard WWII prop warbird buff, although this EDF really caught my interest. Watching the video, reading the details, & looking at that beauty finally got to me. I ordered it, & since it will be my first EDF, it looks to be a superb "EDF starter" plane to allow we EDF newbies to get a great weaning. The size is perfect as I find the 1100mm birds quite handy to transport. I have (3) of the Durafly 1100mm prop warbirds & their quality/price is an absolute bargain IMO. Here's the link & demo vid....

Denny

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_PNF_.html

* "To Be Old and Wise You Must First Be Young and Stupid." *

* "A mans' word is his honor....without honor, there is nothing." *
Old 01-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

Yeah, that plane looks nice. I'd have one on the way but i have too many projects I should finish first.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
startazz

I've got a good few EDF's now and i've got the Hobbyking HD-100 Vampire being shipped to me as i type this

I ordered the kit version so i can put in the CS 10 bladed fan unit with a 2200KV motor that i've got all ready and waiting.

The sound off these Change Sun fan units is amazing and the closest you will get to a turbine sound IMO

Hobbyking also does a PnP model as well with retracts fitted but as mine is going to be a hand launch version i didn't need that one,just wish i had a good landing strip to go ROG with.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:51 AM   #4
RCJERR

Friends: (0)
Default Durafly vampire

HI GUYS--
I'VE GOT ONE ON THE WAY FROM HK---LOOKING FORWARD TO MY FIRST EDF JET--THE VAMPIRE SEEMS TO HAVE A LOT OF WING AREA WHICH SHOULD MAKE IT DOCILE JET COMPARED TO SOME OF THE EDF JET WARBIRDS I HAVE SEEN FLY DOWN HERE IN FLORIDA---[F-86's-MIG 15's-ETC]---LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF PLANE FOR THE MONEY---HOPE TO HAVE IT UP AND FLYING BY EARLY MARCH------HAS ANYONE HAD ANY SIGNIFICANT PROBLEMS WITH THE VAMPIRE?---
Old 02-18-2012, 02:01 AM   #5
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

Originally Posted by RCJERR View Post
-HAS ANYONE HAD ANY SIGNIFICANT PROBLEMS WITH THE VAMPIRE?---
Yep it apparently has issues with recommended CG and the decalage.

Nothing too severe but do a search on RCG there is a large thread on the plane and issues folks are seeing.

Mike
Old 02-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
startazz

Mine came the other day and it's well packed with no issues at all but like Rcers said there do seem to be a problem some people are having with there CoG.
I'll post a link to rcgroups Vampire thread as it will be easier to find,i'd say read through it as there are some real good tips to be found in there mate.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1489353
Old 09-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
bassfisher

I really love mine, the only mods I made were to add CF rods to strengthen the wings (I did not CF the booms, I really have not seen any reason why to after flying it), cut a cheater hole right behind the front gear to get air to the ESC and repainting it for more visibility. It is a great flying plane and has no vices that I have seen in the air
Old 09-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #8
startazz

Yep i'd have to agree with you on that as she is a great flying plane with out any doubt,i put the CS 10 bladed fan in my Vampire with a HET motor in it and man do she sound sweet.

It is up there as one of my favorite EDF's this summer as thats the one i've been flying the most out of all of them,as i now have about seven and counting.

The Durafly range has been really stepping up there game what with all these new planes they have and are bringing out,the MK24 Spitfire should soon be out and you can see a video of that one on Hobbykings Youtube channel if you like.

I'm looking forward to the new Durafly Sea Vixen ( EDF ) when it comes out which shouldn't be to long now from what Scott tells us on the thread over on rcgroups.

Here i'll see if i can post a video of it.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #9
bassfisher

Im looking forward to its release my self. I just hope it stays with a good prive range like the Vampire.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets