Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
adza

Friends: (0)
Default Blade MCP X / Nano CP X - House Flying

Hi,

I was wondering if people who have any experience with the above models could please advise what their thoughts are for either of these models in relation to indoor (living room / bedroom flying)?

I believe the MCP X was supposed to be an indoor/outdoor flyer, but I have a feeling that by indoors they're talking about a basketball stadium, or something similar, and not a small living room?

Is the Nano CP X much different tot he MCP X in regards to handling in small environments - or is a coaxial really only suitable for this sort of house flying?

Cheers

Adza
Old 09-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)

Either one can be flown indoors but manuvering much easier with more room, love these smaller helis as have decent handling for being small and flybarless. Ability is up to the skill of the pilot.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
DCDetector

View DCDetector's Gallery25
Friends: (1)

I have the Blade mSR which is close to both of them and I fly in my small living room almost exclusively.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #4
adza

Friends: (0)

Thanks for your reply guys. I have flown (briefly) the mSR indoors - and I must admit it handles very differently to the MCP X. (In that the MCP X is much more 'slippery' - goes much faster.

That's why I was looking for some input as to the comparision between the MCP X and the Nano CP X. As far as handling - I'm wondering is it closer to the MCP X, or closer to the mSR when it comes to speed and maneuverability. Just some form of guide to give he a hint as to whether it might be suitable for me as an indoors (livingroom) helicopter.

Cheers

Adza
Old 09-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)

My dad has a couple dual rotor ones.

They fly fine, but the battery drains quick, and I fear too much. It requires constant trims to stop it from rotating, and when you start running out of juice, one rotor overpower the other.

However, there fun on rainy days or when its windy outside.

The single rotor with a tail can be flown indoors, but is much more twitchy. More fun, but hits harder.

Overall, they are fairly tough, and spares are cheap and easy to come by. Ours are boxed because the batteries have all been worn out.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk