Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 11-24-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
wgt500

Friends: (0)
Default Dynam/ Racon 6 ch. 2.4 GHz.Tx. What Rx?

Who makes a good Rx. I can use with a Dynam/ Racon 6 ch. 2.4 GHz. Tx? Your help is much appreciated. Here is a link to the Tx. http://www.dynam-rc.com/download/2.4g-6ch.pdf

Dick
Old 11-24-2012, 04:21 AM   #2
A.T.

Club: To many to include.

Originally Posted by wgt500 View Post
Who makes a good Rx. I can use with a Dynam/ Racon 6 ch. 2.4 GHz. Tx?
Your help is much appreciated. Here is a link to the Tx. http://www.dynam-rc.com/download/2.4g-6ch.pdf
Dick
The receiver uses a proprietary code, only the same brand will work - also need to check
which model numbers will work with that Tx.
Units are cheap and usually only available as part of an online RTF park flyer package via ebay, Trademe etc. e.g.
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=330211
The occasional receiver may also be found on ebay etc, suggest Google
"Dynam or Racon receiver" and the results will be self explanatory.
Perhaps time to invest in a quality RC system for which spare parts and service are readily available.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 11-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
wgt500

Alan, Thanks for the help. Being fairly new to the hobby and planning to stick with flying, I should probably just do as you suggest and get a good system. Do any of the spectrum Tx. allow servo expo. to be controlled by a rheostat dial on the Tx. like the Dynam/ Racon Tx.? I like that feature.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
sixfins

Friends: (1)

From the reviews I've seen from people with that system, they say it's a good radio. It should be good enough for you to learn, just make sure you range test and it's OK. With that TX, you have to use the Dynam brand receivers. You can get them from Grayson Hobby for $20-30.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
wgt500

Originally Posted by sixfins View Post
From the reviews I've seen from people with that system, they say it's a good radio. It should be good enough for you to learn, just make sure you range test and it's OK. With that TX, you have to use the Dynam brand receivers. You can get them from Grayson Hobby for $20-30.
Thanks. I appreciate the info!
Old 11-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

WGT,

Lots of great radios out there. They all have dual rates, expo, mixes, etc. It really comes down to how much you want to spend and how sophisticated you want to get with # of channels, model memory, etc. Can't go wrong with Spektrum, Futaba, JR, Hitec, Airtronics, etc. Even the Turnigy 9x has pretty good reviews The range goes from ~ $100 to $3,000. Pick your poison. Normally, the radios provided with RTF's are fairly limited. Not sure about Dynam though. I'm a dyed in the wool Futaba guy.

I just bought a Dynam Cessna 310 from Grayson. Great Veteran owned Hobby shop and will always steer you in the right direction.

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 11-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #7
wgt500

Thanks Hawk. I've spent a bunch of $$ with Grayson in the last 6mo. They are a great shop. Good idea to give them a call. Right now I'm also looking at a Spektrum DX5E since I don't like to program computer systems.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
flydiver
Super Contributor

View flydiver's Gallery1
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (10)

Originally Posted by wgt500 View Post
Right now I'm also looking at a Spektrum DX5E since I don't like to program computer systems.
Advise against that. It's not really an upgrade, mostly a lateral move. If you can get RX and they do what you need stay with the Dynam until you are ready for the next step. You WILL want those features on a programmable TX down the road.

Read this:
How To Select Your First Radio

It's also a good idea to pay attention to RX prices. They are high for many 2.4GHz systems, sometimes VERY high.

fly
If you're going to learn to fly them, you have to learn to fix them.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 AM   #9
sixfins

I agree with flydiver! Don't do it, just a lateral move. If you really want to upgrade, you should be looking at radios with 7 channels or more. But, the one you have should be a descent radio and take you through the whole learning curve. I have been around RC for a long time and used some cheap radios and some very expensive radios.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:06 AM   #10
sixfins

Dahawk also, gave some good info. Like most things, Brand-names come down to personal preference. So, don't by into this one's better than that! Personally, I've been looking at the 9x from Turnigy/Fly Sky, just because of the price. Whatever you choose won't make you a better pilot, its just more money out of pocket!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:14 AM   #11
flydiver
Super Contributor

View flydiver's Gallery1
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by sixfins View Post
Personally, I've been looking at the 9x from Turnigy/Fly Sky, just because of the price. Whatever you choose won't make you a better pilot, its just more money out of pocket!
Disagree:

1. The OP said he [I don't like to program computer systems.] Something like the Turnigy is pretty much self support with no customer support at all. This is fine for some people but a real barrier to those not able to deal with the additional complexity.

2. The additional features on computer radios can make a HUGE difference for some planes and pilots. Better pilots can fly a far wider assortment of planes with much less TX support. The newer flier can use all the support (extra features) they can get sometimes.

fly
Old 11-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #12
wgt500

From the research I've done, the DX5E should have a much longer range when used with the AR400 or AR600 than the Dynam radio. Right now range is getting very important since I'm starting to fly some larger gliders that get out of park flyer range very quickly. I'm also flying several delta wing pusher jets, (HK Parkjet and Radjet) so aileron/elevator mixing is also nice. With the Dynam Tx. I have to use a stand alone V-tail mixer. No problem, just something else to have on board the plane. Thanks for your help! The post on "first radio" was a very good read.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
flydiver
Super Contributor

View flydiver's Gallery1
Awards Showcase

With gliders and fast jets on your plate you REALLY REALLY need a decent TX and the DX5e is not it. Last time I'm going to harp on that.
Range is not based on the TX (mostly). That's a function of the RX.
Many of the Spektrum RX are marketed as 'park flyer' and not considered full range. Time to do your homework, and it's pretty confusing at first. I read a LOT of manuals before I bought.

A LOT of the range issue with 2.4GHz is the short antenna and potential shadowing of the signal.

fly
Old 11-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #14
sixfins

I was only stating the Turnigy as what I'm looking at for my personal use. I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree as to whether or not a radio can make you a better pilot. I can agree however, that some functions can make learning a little easier, but won't make you any better.
If you do a cooler search for "dynam racon" you will find threads on other forums. I thought I saw on RCG, some people are using this system with big gliders @ high altitudes as well as with jets, without any problems. As far as not wanting extra equipment for mixers, that's another issue and maybe another radio is in order. I think you'll find you want the features of computer radios as these functions are rarely a flip of a switch or turn of the knob anymore. Most of the newer radios are fairly easy to program.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros