Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Sport Planes (Formerly I/C & Gas Conversion)
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Sport Planes (Formerly I/C & Gas Conversion) Discuss I/C or Gas Conversions, Aerobatic Planes and Sport Aircraft

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
RickAvery

Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (2)
Default Seagull T6-A Texan II Maiden

Finally got to get out to the field Sun. morning after finishing up my T6-A. Happy to say all is well and the Texan II flew fine! Got two flights in. The maiden was a bit schetchy at first as I needed to trim the elevator full down on the box to achieve level flight, coupled with my not adding any expo to any of the flight surfaces, a twitchy flight to say the least. I'm thinking the factory CoG is a little bit tail heavy. Got her down safe, and added 60% expo and 60% dual rates, along with moving the battery ~3/4" forward. The second flight was a night and day difference. Started out in low rates but once I found out how stable she was with the expo added, I switched to high rates where it stayed for the remainder. Not used to the ground handling as she has a very narrow tricycle stance. Hope to get her out again soon and run a few more packs through her. All in All, a good day. Blue skies.

RIck

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3668a.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	172548

Name:	IMG_3680a.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	172549

Name:	IMG_3684a.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	172550

Name:	IMG_3687a.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	172551
Old 12-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

She's a beauty. Been looking at Texans II's for a while. Maybe next Christmas. LOL

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Sport Planes (Formerly I/C & Gas Conversion)