Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Multi-Rotors
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Multi-Rotors Discuss your quad copters and other multi engined choppers here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-17-2014, 06:51 AM   #1
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Friends: (0)
Default Walkera QR X350

[ATTACH]I have been flying home brew quads for two years. They have all been MultiWii types and very simply made from pine and ply. They flew well and taught me a heap but they looked like "Blitzwaggons" which was fine at the usual price of about $120.

But as I got better and the crashes got fewer I was really keen to try something that looked good too.. I wanted a good GPS system and I wanted to carry FPV and I bit the bullet to the tune of $400 and bought a Walkera QR 350.

The reviews were pretty sad. Complaints about soldering, plugs, the legs, aerial position, transmitter battery pack, transmitter functions etc etc. But I had paid the money so I had to grit my teeth and look big while I waited three days for delivery (I think that's a record for me.)

Today I flew it with all those thoughts in mind. AND I LOVE IT !!!!

Oh Yeah. This is the real thing. I'm gonna propose; not to crash it.

If there is anything about this model you want to know I will be happy to tell you the good and the bad. Like I do hate the legs and I will have to take more care with landings.

But it looks like one tough little critter to me.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QR350 Day 1.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	172908 Walkera QR X350. Are you this perfect, I'm not
Old 01-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #2
droneguy

Default Walkera QR 350

Originally Posted by Birdmanpete View Post
[ATTACH]I have been flying home brew quads for two years. They have all been MultiWii types and very simply made from pine and ply. They flew well and taught me a heap but they looked like "Blitzwaggons" which was fine at the usual price of about $120.

But as I got better and the crashes got fewer I was really keen to try something that looked good too.. I wanted a good GPS system and I wanted to carry FPV and I bit the bullet to the tune of $400 and bought a Walkera QR 350.

The reviews were pretty sad. Complaints about soldering, plugs, the legs, aerial position, transmitter battery pack, transmitter functions etc etc. But I had paid the money so I had to grit my teeth and look big while I waited three days for delivery (I think that's a record for me.)

If there is anything about this model you want to know I will be happy to tell you the good and the bad. Like I do hate the legs and I will have to take more care with landings.

Hi Birdman,
I'm so glad you are loving this Quad. I've been looking for some to do a review of this model warts and all so if you feel you would like to give me a straight up honest account with pics or videos then please mail me droneflyers@gmail.com
Paul
Old 01-23-2014, 12:02 AM   #3
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default It has taken one "full-on" week ......

.... to unravel the mysteries of this beautiful Quad. It has been a very real challenge for my 70 year old brain, but I suppose that the strain has heightened my sense of achievement. No parts are broken or scratched and it still flies beautifully.

So what are the secrets.

1) If the receiver does not respond to the transmitter it is most likely that it is not bound. In that situation, arm yourself with several hours and a supply of the preferred drink and find out how to achieve "FIXID". In the transmitters range of files which can be tweaked this one, to me, was among the most puzzling of the many weird new concepts.

The factory technicians produced a machine which was capable of all the claims made for it but they have since been constantly upgrading the control files and the latest version automatically goes into each new transmitter.

When you do a standard "bind" between most transmittesr and receivers it only opens the right channel for the communication. In this case that process is quite different and the paperwork did not help very much at all. But the sales team did. It was their vital suggestion that I take the FIXID route. The abbreviated title means FIXED IDENTIFICATION CODE INSTALLATION.

The transmitter has a unique identification code built into it and when you install that key it does much more than open the communication channel. It brings the flight controller up to date with all the latest refinements to the programme, as they were installed in the transmitter.

And it really made a big difference. Do not ignore this advice. I found that out the hard way. The manual does not clearly state that the FIXID process is significantly different to a "standard bind".

Now the hard part of all this is that installing FIXID is not just a "pressing the buttons" procedure. You have to dismantle the clam shell body to erase any bind code which you might have put in there, or which might have got in there in the factory, or at the retailers.

It is not really hard and the tools are in the kit, but you will need a spare hour (the first time) and you will need to be free of distractions in that hour. The instructions are not, first time, self explanatory from the transmitter screen. You should download the Devo 7 manual. My new Windows 7 had issues with the disc in the kit. My XP machine could handle it but I decided to go for "the latest version" as I was getting neurotic.

2) This post is getting too long but let me say that the control system in the transmitter needs to be checked and the critical section is in the "OUTPUT" section of the Model Files. This section controls the switches which turn on and off the GPS functions. I had trouble loading the sequence. I think the difficulty was due to a printing error. The required input information for the Gear and Flap switches fails to tell you to "exit" after "confirming".

It could be that these files would not have needed ammendment if I had done the FIXID trick before I started programming the transmitter.

3) When you think it is ready to fly and when you intend to try the GPS you must never ignore any feed back from the LED's which does not conform with the written description. This is most critically important for the calibration steps. I would suggest that the three calibration procedures become part of your pre-flight checks every time. If the lights are not showing you what you were told to expect you would be advised to either; solve the mystery or only fly in "manual mode".

4) I wanted to know if there was any way of proving that the GPS functions were correctly switched. And there is, "sort of". The manual says that you cannot arm the motors if the GPS functions or the IOC switches are on. The reverse of that logic is that, if you can arm the motors with either of those switches on, then the GPS is not ready to go. That is a useful double check.

I am certain that most of the stories told about mysterious events with this machine are due to pilots imagining that the control systems were the same as in other manufacturers' products. That is a most dangerous assumption. In the future these "eccentricities" such as these are likely to be more common, so get used to it and proceed carefully.

Like me you will be SO GLAD YOU DID !!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:56 AM   #4
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)

Thank you Birdmanpete for the update and info on the Walkera...I had looked at this one when it first came out for retail.......some of your review confirmed my doubts and reinforced others.......after having made a few academic researches and test flying both the similar Phantoms and Blades....I'm now convinced the best bang for the buck (IMO) will be the Blade QX 350....!

I've owned (more than I can remember) Walkera's, both co-ax, fixed pitch and CCP's....even though they were many times the first on the market, they where seldom "state of the art" after 6 months of circulation...seems that has held true with their Quads as well.......

Thanks again for the heads-up!

AMA 928214
Old 01-23-2014, 11:26 PM   #5
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default A worthy contender

I had not seen the Blade when I placed my rather impulsive order. It does look good. More importantly my experience with the mQX, has taught me that Blade really invests in their hard copy manual. That is a lesson Walkera might well follow but it is an expensive detail. The Technology revolution has made it possible to provide all that support at much lower cost and I urge Walkera to rise to that challenge.

I noted the Battery to aircraft plugs. Walkera has that problem too. I fitted my preferred type (XT60) as soon as I got it. I also saw the flight duration issue, which is common to high energy quads. Set up your transmitter timer. It provides a very useful backup.

I look forward to hearing how it goes for you; it surely does look neat.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:46 AM   #6
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

I'll let you know birdmanpete.....it will be awhile, I'm slowly moving up the size scale, just like I did with heli's....looking at the various 180-200 size right now. There are some very interesting models out....almost all have somekind of "smart" technology that seems outstanding. most seem durable as well......I'll report back as I progress.

AMA 928214
Old 02-04-2014, 10:42 PM   #7
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default An update.

I am slowly getting used to the QRX. It is very different to most of my scratch built Multi-Wii types. It is super critical at startup to being level. Today I went out on my grassy field with a stiffish card base and a spirit level to be a little more precise. I have always known that the spirit level (my grandfathers- pre WW1) was not entirely accurate. The Walkera thought it was an improvement on my usual guess but still had its own sense of level.

I am trying to understand why it is that when I go to "hover hold" it sometimes fails to lock the position but it always holds the height. Today was a case in point. I had not done a full calibration and that might explain it.

I did my usual "arm" test to see if the GPS was refusing to allow arming and then forgot to reset the mix switch before opening the throttle. Never done this before. It lifted about a foot and then set itself firmly down with the tell tale Led doing its "not now, you idiot, blink." Well that is very surprising but I can live with it.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #8
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default The trail got tougher.

While I have been having a ball with my QR X350 in its regular flying (manual) mode I have run into some real difficulties with the GPS functions. These problems went much deeper than the position of the switches. I was having less than ten percent success with the hover hold. For me that is the base camp for this assault on Everest. If you cannot achieve a reliable hover hold, you must not (in fairness to the rest of the world, the love of your life or your bank manager.) go any further with the GPS functions. This has to be sorted. If it is working just fine right now; save your time and forget you ever saw this page.

The reason for the difficulty I had, pivots on the distinction between this programme design and the Multi-Wii versions. Those systems have an intermediate stage between Acro/Manual and Hover Hold. It's usually known as Level or Angle mode. Walkera decided that that was not strictly necessary and for lots of happy campers I am sure they were right. But mine simply did not play ball. It is hard to know how widespread this problem might be but I am sure I was never the only pebble on the beach. The reports of first flight disasters are a clear sign of a worrying issue.

Without a level/angle mode to serve as a buffer, the relationship between the "launch site" and the flight controller's "level axis" becomes very critical. In effect the aircraft is designed to be "calibration tuned" and launched with a true vertical lift off with no trim bias on any axis. After dozens of failures and only five successful hover holds, I suddenly wondered what would happen if I adjusted the leg lengths until the aircraft lifted straight up in still air with all trims in their mid position. The Devo 7 has a very curious trim system and this should have aroused my suspicions much earlier. It does not give a very positive visual sense of any positions other than the mid points and the extremes. But they give a huge audio cue when centered. That's because that is where they are really meant to be. The spacing of the control throws is also very finely tuned and tiny amounts of off centre trim make calibration uncertain or impossible. I could never trim the accelerometers without first recentering the pitch trim from it's almost constant far forward position. That should have set the alarm bells ringing a fortnight ago.

So my lovely Alien now wears build-ups. Tonight they look a bit clunky but I will find a smart version very soon. In my case the correction needed was 4mm on the rear right leg and 2.74mm on the rear left. That was what it took to straighten up the "power-up, horizontal reference measurement" and thus remove a still air drift (in neutral trim) rearwards and right.

And the effect was instant. Four batteries were flattened in quick succession. In each case the hover lock was entered at 2 metres altitude, ten metres up wind of me (in a ten knot wind). In each case it was obvious that the lock was established within fifteen seconds. Then I rose to the challenge and paraded my lovely body in front of the on board camera while holding the position (no hands) for more than a minute.

As a general principle I would urge this test (for thirty seconds) as the first step after take off with each and every battery change. On this occasion I did no calibrations at all between batteries as I have been testing in this part of this field (and no-where else) for weeks.

With respect the badly positioned switches. My advice is that the GPS switch should not be operated with the index finger alone. Move it with the thumb and finger, slowly and deliberately. This will reduce the real risk of accidentally engaging Return to Home. That disaster is instantly recognisable if you deliberately make the Hover Hold location significantly to one side of the calibration site. Given that approach there will be a vigorous flat yaw turn from the model as it realigns for its trip home. It will almost certainly want to gain a lot of height at the same time. In such a crisis your thumb and index finger should still be touching the switch. Do not adjust the throttle ever, while any GPS function is being performed. It will create other problems too awful to be mentioned here.

With my confidence hugely boosted it will soon be time for me to get my head around IOC (Intelligent Orientation Control). I will report in detail.

29 days, 75 battery charges, a little worry and a lot of fun. No crsahes, one "arrival" no obvious scratches and no damaged props. That has got to be good and it is gonna get better.

Always remember though; RTH is not an ejector seat and slack flying is much too expensive.

Birdmanpete.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:56 AM   #9
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default Short and to the Point.

1) Since launching with neutral trims from a proven level surface I have had 100% hover hold locks

2) Altitude in Hover hold varies (average + or - 500mm) but you can trim it, without changing the hold point. Add or subtract a little power and confirm the new height achieved with a micron of opposite.

3) IOC is great but the pitch and roll response is different (reversed) when engaged at a point aft of the Start Up Calibration. Try to always fly in front of that "Start Up Home Calibration".

4) RTH really does the job in aircraft with working batteries, proven Hover Hold and the current field's, "Start Up Home Calibration"

5) 3 Low battery forced descents show me that it can work. But there is a risk that the ground may not be clear or level. I am averaging 8 mins from 2200mah batteries. The transmitter's 7 min alarm is much better.

ONE MONTH. 45 battery charges, two heavy landings, no crashes, no spare parts. All good.

Birdmanpete
Old 03-16-2014, 11:49 PM   #10
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default Missing my Quads.

I am am away from home and thinking about the fleet (and smartest of the bunch, the Walkera)

It flew every day for seven weeks before I went on holiday. Still no bent bits, scratches or prop changes. It is the smoothest Quad I have ever flown. I think that is related to the parts all being selected for the combination and in that sense matched. My 2.2a batteries go better than 8 minutes but that is my limit and it is determined by the countdown timer.

I still use a spirit level to select the calibration point and I still do a hover hold check in the first thirty seconds of the flight. But my spirit level is now sitting on the top of the canopy where it is about as pretty as a Bazooka but I have never had the flight controller fail to get a GPS lock since I took the levelling seriously.

I have also marked my regular launch point with a handful of flour. (bio-.
degradeable flour from cheap stores everywhere).

A very good friend who was very critical of my decision to buy this machine recently bought a very much more expensive version (controller only). He is very pleased with it and it does have a huge range of flashy options BUT !!! he tells me that it only does RTH after it has gone to fail safe mode. I am not sure that is absolutely true because he has only had it a few days and it is amazing what you can discover from experience.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #11
modellermark

Can anyone tell me the size of the space for the receiver - I am thinking of getting the BNF version so need to know which Spektrum /Orange receiver will fit (7 or 8 channel)
Thanks to anyone that can help - great thread that has been really useful
Old 05-12-2014, 05:52 AM   #12
wactac

Originally Posted by Birdmanpete View Post

I agree, it's a nice unit. It's my first and I should have started out on a much smaller easier thing to play with.

I do have a question for you. How do you setup the hover and return home switches on the devo 7? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:01 AM   #13
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default Great Question.

My Walkera has now averaged 1.5 flights per day since Jan 17, 2013. I have had no crashes, which did damage. I don't think you will find an easier Quad to fly, once you get past the instruction sheet !

I have used the Devo 7 with the switches exactly as shown in the manual. The Hover Hold Function and the Return to Home function are allocated to the same, three position switch; which is left of the roll, dual rate switch. The Intelligent Orientation switch is at the top right hand front position.

While getting used to the system, I advise fitting some sort of inhibitor which prevents you from accidentally hitting that I.O.C. switch. (I used Blu Tak, a sort of silicone putty which can be removed easily, if needed) I also advise fitting a short length of tube (fuel tube works well) to extend the Hover hold and Return to Home switch. You need to be able to find this switch without taking your eyes off the Quad. You also need to practise only moving it to the Hover Hold position.

So that is the mechanical setup of the transmitter. Now to the GPS functions. You need to be sure on every flight that they are working as you can never be sure when you will need them. In my case, in the first month, they worked less than 20% of the time.

Test your QRX 350 like this. Use a spirit level to find a perfectly flat launch area. I had to make mine with a perfectly flat square board and two spirit levels. One on one of the North-South edges of the board and the other on one of the the East-West edges. My board is 500mm square. When your Quad is powered-up (battery connected) on this level surface it should lift off absolutely vertically IN NIL WIND). For GPS to work as a flight control, the information from the satellites has to align (roughly) with the calibration alignment of the flight controller. When the difference between the two is too great, the flight controller cannot "get a fix". So you really need to be careful at first.

It took me a while to work this out. It is not described in the instructions. If the model in nil wind always lifts off perfectly vertical, it is "level" and in my experience it never fails to hover hold after the right hand LED starts flashing. I got sick of carrying the launch board around and fitted a spirit level to the top of the canopy. This is not quite as reliable but if you are careful it will work.

Now what if, as in my case, the model never lifted vertically from a flat surface in nil wind ? It always lifted off backwards and to the left. I discovered that the flight controller was not aligned with the feet. As soon as I added 6mm pads to the two back legs I cured the backwards problem but I had to add another 2mm to the rear left leg to get it truly vertical on the left right axis. Ever since then I have never failed to get a perfect "Hover Hold" after a launch from a flat surface.

But there is one other little oddity. The trim mechanisms. Until you think about it you may not notice that the trims can be a long way off centre and your eyes can't see the offset. If you practice, you will hear that the trim makes a loud beep and pauses, when it hits dead centre on its way back from an off centre setting. This needs to be checked especially when you are testing for vertical lift. In general I never use any trim with my QRX. If it is not flying straight, something is wrong.

Finally. Until you are really used to it, only practice one GPS function at a time. I started with hover hold and my pre flight checks are not complete until I have seen it lock in. During Hover hold you can adjust the altitude with small throttle variations. You can also move it with roll and pitch but mine does not return precisely to the original spot when I let go the controls. I have not yet tried changing the yaw during Hover Hold.

I have five QRX 350 videos on Youtube. The one entitled Walkera Hover Hold GPS covers most of what I have set out here.

LAST ADVICE. I do a full calibration with the fitting of every recharged battery. It only takes a minute. Until you consistently get a hover hold lock, at the start of each session, do not attempt any of the other GPS functions. Also, if the IOC switch is accidentally engaged, you will get mysterious crashes if you attempt to apply yaw.

You have got a great little flier. It needs a bit of thought to start with but it will become second nature and you will love it.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:48 AM   #14
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Talking Yaw Input during Hover Hold.

I tried it tonight. After locking the hover hold at two metres in light winds, I applied yaw control. It bucked a bit but settled down on its new axis but about two metres from its original position. Almost as if it had released its grip on the GPS position while I was applying the control input. I made a series of similar adjustments and the same thing happened each time. But it started to look as if it was getting cranky and I gave up the experiment. It was only two metres up and the light was fading.

I have very little interest in this sort of stunt. I only want the GPS to work as a parachute. It gives me the chance to sort out problems which might otherwise end in a crash. It performs that role perfectly. Anything more than that is only of academic interest to me.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:59 AM   #15
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default Walkera and FPV

I am working on a new Walkera QRX 350 video, covering FPV applications. In the process I have discovered some aspects of GPS control, which I had not really understood. As you read this, please note that my cyclic controls have no trim bias on them.

Once you go to the hover hold mode, the aircraft is not in any way restricted to that position or height. In good conditions you should feel free to fly away from that position using all controls. At first it may feel a little weird.

For me that was due to the aircraft bucking when roll and pitch controls became centred and the Flight controller thought that I wanted to establish a new hover hold location. (eg: If you are flying forward fast when you re-centre the sticks, the quad will overfly the marked point and the autopilot will be working hard to get back to it.) As I have gained experience I tend to hold a tiny, and constant, amount of mainstick forward, until I want to turn to a new heading.

This is a really useful function for FPV learners as it creates some safe time at your first turnpoint, while you take a deep breath and line up (with yaw control) for your next turnpoint.

I should stress that FPV does present special challenges and that pilots who have not crashed while flying Line of Sight for months, may find that their crash per outing ratio soars on early trials.

That's where this GPS function is really very useful.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:46 AM   #16
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Birdmanpete.....

How about bringing us up-to-date on the type of GPS (manufacture name and issue version), for all the types of control boards (KK2, NAZA, ect.) and the FPV systems (camera, goggles, stand-alone ground based or TX mounted monitor) systems your'e using on the Walkera.....

There are a few newbies here who have now jumped into this arena...I'm sure you can be of assistance......

AMA 928214
Old 07-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #17
sparky21055

i bought the Walkera QR 350 used and i think it fly's great
can someone help me with the receiver its a devo 7 (what are all the switches for ??)
can i install Spektrum DX9 receiver in the quad, if so can some help with the program
thanks
Old 07-17-2014, 01:37 AM   #18
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default Switching receivers.

Hi Sparky, welcome to the thread.

The experiment you sugges should work but I have not tried it. I would be interested in knowing what leads you to want to try making the change. It will take about an hour to open up the Walkera. Watchout for the little screw in the top of the battery door frame. The Devo receiver is quite small and is a firm fit in the small bay, alongside the flight controller.

I am wondering if you have bought the Pro Version of the QRX 350. (It has a different flight controller. Way point capable) I think that changing receivers will not make a standard QRX 350, waypoint capable.

The switches on the Devo 7 are pretty standard. The two special switches for the QRX, are the three position toggle on the front face above the right hand stick (aux 1: Gear, mix) and the three position toggle on the far right of the top face (F mode: Gyro ). In effect these two control the mix of Gear and Gyro. I think that this explains how the system refuses to accept lift off, while either is deployed.

Beyond that I am out of my depth. I did consider a similar change when I started flying mine in January, but it flew so well that the thought flew away.
I have now flown more than 200 flights without accident. I have never had a range problem and I have never had a GPS problem.

There are almost certainly, Youtube videos describing the change you are proposing. I will do a quick search. If I find it I will post the link
Old 07-17-2014, 01:50 AM   #19
sparky21055

Angry walkera 350x

thanks Birdmanpete
i agree the walkera runs great
better than my blade 350 that flew away
Old 07-17-2014, 02:12 AM   #20
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default Some help with radio changes.

I went on line and searched "Spektrum Conversion QRX 350". I found a heap of stuff which could help.

Best of luck, Birdmanpete.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:19 AM   #21
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default A word of CAUTION !!!

I had some "strange" events yesterday while flying FPV. The effect observed from the ground was a rapid increase in height while flying in Hover Hold or Return to Home. I landed LOS without problem. There are two issues which might have been critical. Range and Voltage.

1) I had fitted my FPV receiver to the body of my transmitter. This might affect range and I have removed it.

2) When I landed (three minutes flight duration) the left LED was flashing slowly suggesting low voltage. It is possible (but not certain) that the GPS functions are programmed to respond with height gains, in low voltage situations.

My response to that possibility is to get serious with a three cell volt check before fitting the battery.

Be safe, there is such a thing as being "too laid back"
Old 07-21-2014, 01:09 AM   #22
Pauls350Pro

Default HELP!!!!

Hey Birdmanpete,
Sounds like you are the one that can help me. I am so frustrated with my new QR X350 PRO BNF. I picked up a DEVO7 after the fact as prices were great to buy separate. Long story short I tried binding the bird and seams to work but can't be sure as that is all I can do. It won't let me do anything else. Can't calibrate or anything. I am wondering if I need to do the FIXID so the bird is on par with the Radio. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel dumb as I had no problem setting up My SK720 Black on my 500 Goblin. Walkera does not make it easy.

Thanks
Paul
Old 07-21-2014, 02:22 AM   #23
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default Wrestling with FIXID

I must make it clear that "the Pro" is a very different machine to the QRX350 which I have. The total process I followed will not be exactly right for you but I would expect the FIXID to be the same as mine. The major differences I expect will be in the set up of the transmitter function switches which turn on the GPS system. I would open a new model file for the FIXID and I would then copy a Pro QRX programme (if there is one in the radio) into that file. I would not deliberately erase any pre-set model memories.

For readers other than Paul who are considering this particular Quad, my advice is to buy the radio and the Quad as a boxed set and ask, before making the deal, if the items are already bound and almost ready to fly. I find the instructions offered are much harder to follow than the advertising ever was.

My guess is that the notes in the box with either the radio or the Quad are less than crystal clear. I have a youtube offering which might help..... www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgEDNXv2slc

But first !!!

1) I emailed my retailer and he came up with good advice within hours. It is worth a try. The huge retailer Hobby King has a files section for most of its products and that almost certainly includes the detail of the setup of the radio. You may be able to download the driver to programme the transmitter for this particular model.
2) You gave the impression that you had achieved a bind. So I am thinking that the bird arms and flies but the advanced functions, mainly GPS, do not. Please confirm that with me.
3) The Pro version has a significantly different controller based on the APM system. There is a huge amount of information on that in the APM website or through DIY Drones. They have an excellent moderator advice system but they might balk at the reality that this is a variation of their device. Fingers crossed.
4) Did your transmitter have your model entered into its memory banks. I hope that it did but it seems a little unlikely. Please advise.
5) Youtube can be very useful as you can be sure that others have had your problem and one of them has found their way around it.

Please stay in touch via this web. I can almost always respond within twelve hours.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:22 AM   #24
Pauls350Pro

Default QR X350 Pro

Hi Birdmanpete. Thank you for the quick response. Yes the radio has presets for the QR X350 Pro I think. It doesn't actually fly all I get is the bind beeps and flashes. Thats as far as I can get. I am just wondering if the GPS is plugged in to the rx. Might check that as well.

Regards
PAUL
Old 07-21-2014, 04:56 AM   #25
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default That is really good news.

If you go to Google and enter Binding Walkera F7 you will find two youtubes which seem to cover the territory. Best of luck.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Multi-Rotors