Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Power Systems
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #1
carpetbagger

Friends: (0)
Default ESC + servo

And that is the question. Can I plug a Y harness into the Rx throttle channel and connect an ESC to one Y lead and and a servo to the other?

Bill
Old 02-09-2014, 05:15 PM   #2
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

Yes...
Old 02-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
TalleyHo

Curiosity has me wondering what neat little trick you have planned for such a connection.

I'm assuming w/ a fancy enough radio you could mix another channel with the throttle as well, but...
Old 02-09-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
carpetbagger

Originally Posted by TalleyHo View Post
Curiosity has me wondering what neat little trick you have planned for such a connection.

I'm assuming w/ a fancy enough radio you could mix another channel with the throttle as well, but...
No fancy radio, Futaba 4YF. Here in the coastal swamps I am surrounded by water so I'm thinking = seaplane! Bagging the gear is easy, and if one dunks an IC engine, no problem, shake it out, squirt it, fire it up, but I imagine an electric motor would be pooched in the water, especially since there's a tad of salt in the water.

So I'm thinking an articulated cooling vent for the motor which is connected to a throttle channel driven servo. See plane about to splat, off throttle, vent door slams shut . . . hey, it might work.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Power Systems