Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)
Default Is it just me ... V911 and 450 ?

I've been flying my V911-1 a lot over last few months and really enjoy it indoors ...

Over last few days - weather has been so-so to go outside with my 450 ...

I literally cannot fly the 450 now ! The V911 is a doddle to fly ... and I think it has crippled my flying of the 450 ! I was never that good - but at least I could hover and pootle around ...

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 02-28-2014, 08:34 AM   #2
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (8)

CP and FP helis are very different to fly, that's for sure. What made a big difference for me was moving up to a larger heli, the 450 size tend to be twitchy and demand quick reflexes. A 500 is a LOT easier, a 600 even better. Costs get a bit out of hand on the really big stuff, a 500 is a good compromise IMHO.

Flybarless may help too because you can easily adjust the responsiveness. You can even get flybarless controllers with auto-levelling these days, but that's cheating!
Old 02-28-2014, 12:45 PM   #3
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)

Nigel........Your'e not alone, I too found it a bit of a transition going from FP to CCP. The 4ch aspect does not take in account the yaw factors or tail control like 6ch which are critical with CCP........what I found helped was spending a little time on a sim to get the 6ch feel back, then going back to the basics with the 450 (hover, 4 corner, reverse oriantation) at low elevation until the feel became natural again.

The fly-barless systems really do make things much more smoother, even on a 450....since, like JPF said, you can program more leveling control factors (rates, pitch) to be more to your flying skill and taste.

Another thing I have noticed, now that I'm flying quads, going back to a CCP has been less dramatic. I've only flown a 450 and a 500 (both fly-barless) six times since I puchased a quad, but it seemed, at least to me, the transition was natural for some reason. I think it is because with quads, like CCP, you must keep the lift factor (forward and reverse thrust) constant and at higher rpms to smoothly move forward or reversed in order to maintain altitude. On a FP that issue is not as critical. It also requires decent oriantation skills to have complete command of a quad......just like CCP demands when flying nose in or rolling at speed........Just a thought!

AMA 928214
Old 03-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #4
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

The 911 just amazes me ... I can do so much more with it that I couldn't with the 450 : tail first circles, nose and tail first fig 8's .... as examples.

My 450's are now in terrible state and require serious dismantling / rebuilds. This is something that only happened 2 - 3yrs ago !!

I'm considering the 6ch version of the 911 to get back in ... I have the 959 Quad ordered, but some idiot in postal sent the box back !

Lets see what happens ...

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk