Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Off Topic Chit Chat
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-24-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,133 Times in 2,042 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (306)
Talking D I Y Dentistry

Hi Everyone I am scared to go to the Dentist Now Days Not because it will Hurt, But Because some Dentist Around Here Are Trying to take me for a Ride I went to a Dentist thats part of a large dental firm, and had them clean my teeth, then the dentist said that I had a small hole on the front of one of my tooth, and that it needs to be filled in right away, I told them that I would keep an eye on it, Yea right, went to another dentist 6 month later, and there was no hole in my tooth, the second Dentist said that all of my fillings need to come out and be replaced, Yea right, he drew up a estimate for Thousands of Dollars, said i had great credit, and would even give me a sponsored credit card, Yea Right, He wanted me to make the Mortgage Payment on his Mansion, Yea Right,

I dont trust Any Dentist Anymore, I am On to Their Game.

So I need to have a Tooth Crowned, they want min $400.00 for a Crown, I dont have dental or medical Insurance, I cant Afford it, I am Retired on a fixed Income, so i have to pay cash, and i just want the Minimal done, So Its getting to where I will have to do it myself LOL

I just Purchased a Dental Crown assortment, made in Switzerland for $39.95 and some dental adhesive for $6.00, I will Handel it Myself or die trying LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-POLYCARB...-/170888539304

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 03-24-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

There's a bit more to doing a crown than just getting the piece and gluing it on.. generally you need to grind the tooth down.

Better get the dremel with flex shaft...
Old 03-24-2014, 06:45 PM   #3
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 

Originally Posted by fhhuber View Post
There's a bit more to doing a crown than just getting the piece and gluing it on.. generally you need to grind the tooth down.

Better get the dremel with flex shaft...
I Have A dremel with a Flex Shaft from Harbor freight Tools It Works great, Anyone need any DENTAL WORK Done LOL

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 03-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #4
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

There is Enough gone on my tooth that I wont need to Grind it down any, but if i did need to grind it, I have the power tools to do it LOL

Old 03-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #5
Mivins
Marty

Club: Osprey Homestead FL
Friends: (0)

Chellie: Find a dentist that flys RC and offer to build a plane for him for a crown. There's one out there somewhere who doesn't have time to build a really neat plane, and you tell him you got your own crowns, and he can supply his own kit. I'll bet you get a taker on that one. Besides dentists love to avoid taxes , so he'll earn $400.00 for a first class model and pay no tax. You definitely don't want to cap a tooth that hasn't been emptied of what ever caused it to need the cover in the first place. Marty
Old 03-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #6
Mivins
Marty

Chellie: Find a dentist that flys RC and offer to build a plane for him for a crown. There's one out there somewhere who doesn't have time to build a really neat plane, and you tell him you got your own crowns, and he can supply his own kit. I'll bet you get a taker on that one. Besides dentist love to avoid taxes, so he'll earn $400.00 for a first class model and pay no tax. You definitely don't want to cap a tooth that hasn't been emptied of what ever caused it to need the cover in the first place.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:59 PM   #7
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Mivins View Post
Chellie: Find a dentist that flys RC and offer to build a plane for him for a crown. There's one out there somewhere who doesn't have time to build a really neat plane, and you tell him you got your own crowns, and he can supply his own kit. I'll bet you get a taker on that one. Besides dentist love to avoid taxes, so he'll earn $400.00 for a first class model and pay no tax. You definitely don't want to cap a tooth that hasn't been emptied of what ever caused it to need the cover in the first place.
Great Advice My tooth chipped off on the front side, it had a filling in it, but the outside of the tooth chipped off when i bit into a piece of crisp bacon

Old 03-24-2014, 07:06 PM   #8
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Great Advice My tooth chipped off on the front side, it had a filling in it, but the outside of the tooth chipped off when i bit into a piece of crisp bacon
Yikes
I've spent enough (Also no insurance) in the past two years on an oral surgery, root canal job, and a crown to buy a very nice wet turbine model.

From what I've heard though, that is still far cheaper than those dental implants. (I'd have needed three of them.)

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:09 PM   #9
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by kyleservicetech View Post
Yikes
I've spent enough (Also no insurance) in the past two years on an oral surgery, root canal job, and a crown to buy a very nice wet turbine model.

From what I've heard though, that is still far cheaper than those dental implants. (I'd have needed three of them.)
I have been Lucky with my Teeth, I try to take care of them, But I am getting older and Starting to Fall Apart LOL

Old 03-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #10
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Awards Showcase

I have been Lucky with my Teeth, I try to take care of them, But I am getting older and Starting to Fall Apart LOL
Yeah
We're getting to the age where everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt doesn't work anyhow! (And still have all my original teeth!)

Yikes, this is for real!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-POLYCARB...-/170888539304

DennyV
Old 04-22-2014, 08:52 AM   #11
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Originally Posted by kyleservicetech View Post
Yikes

Implants ... don't mention them !!

I lost a tooth at front in a car accident in Africa. This also caused a couple of others to be a little loose in jaw. I'm 58yrs old. Price quoted was huge to have the metal bridge implanted ... then 700 Euros per tooth fitted. I now have 4 teeth missing .. one at front top, 3 at rear left top.

I paid 40 euros for a plate with the 4 teeth on, which I can use or not use ... as long as I don't bite on hard nuts, toffee or the like - it's fine.
I've broken it twice in last 2 years .. 5 euros to fix. The lab who made the plate and teeth - gave me the mould so I can redo anywhere I am ..

Emergency dental kits have been available for quite a few years as many live-aboard yachtspeople use them.
Things have moved on from the length of string to a doorknob !!

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 04-23-2014, 12:19 AM   #12
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Implants ... don't mention them !!

I lost a tooth at front in a car accident in Africa. This also caused a couple of others to be a little loose in jaw. I'm 58yrs old. Price quoted was huge to have the metal bridge implanted ... then 700 Euros per tooth fitted. I now have 4 teeth missing .. one at front top, 3 at rear left top.

I paid 40 euros for a plate with the 4 teeth on, which I can use or not use ... as long as I don't bite on hard nuts, toffee or the like - it's fine.
I've broken it twice in last 2 years .. 5 euros to fix. The lab who made the plate and teeth - gave me the mould so I can redo anywhere I am ..

Emergency dental kits have been available for quite a few years as many live-aboard yachtspeople use them.
Things have moved on from the length of string to a doorknob !!

Nigel
Hi Nigel Just a thought, maybe you can have some Quality Dental work done in a country that your visiting where its not so Expensive, or, I can do the dental work for you LOL , ok just kidding on me doing the Dental work

Old 03-24-2014, 07:02 PM   #13
Mivins
Marty

Chellie: That's the second time I've accidently doubled answered a post, I notice that one was unfinished, and the other the final product, how is this happening? Any thoughts?
Old 03-24-2014, 07:07 PM   #14
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Mivins View Post
Chellie: That's the second time I've accidently doubled answered a post, I notice that one was unfinished, and the other the final product, how is this happening? Any thoughts?
Not sure why thats happening, it has happened to me before too.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:51 PM   #15
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Awards Showcase

Not sure why thats happening, it has happened to me before too.
Not sure
I had several cases where I had the thread open for a long time. And when submitting it, wattflyer crashed. (Don't know if it was wattflyer, or my computer that crashed.) Now, I've been copying any long detailed postings before submitting it. Just in case.

So, I posted again with a "Paste" command. And wound up with a double posting.

DennyV
Old 03-25-2014, 02:33 AM   #16
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)

You have more balls then I do.

My dad had a tooth infection and couldn't get into a dentist (holiday weekend). Came out the next morning saying he fixed it himself with a 3/8" drill and some harbor freight drill bits

I'm not cool enough to do stuff like that.

slow stock prop reversal. it flies! easily! 543 watt dual motor bipe slow stick. push-me-pull-you. 242 watt 3 channel slow stick. 365 watt mini ultra stick. 415 watt mini contender. 810 watt ultra stick .25e. 220 watt alpha 450 sport (retired).
Old 03-25-2014, 03:00 AM   #17
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by hayofstacks View Post
You have more balls then I do.

My dad had a tooth infection and couldn't get into a dentist (holiday weekend). Came out the next morning saying he fixed it himself with a 3/8" drill and some harbor freight drill bits

I'm not cool enough to do stuff like that.
Now Thats Cool

Old 04-21-2014, 09:30 PM   #18
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Yea I fixed my Tooth I did not have to Cap it after all, I used some permanent Dental cement thats white, 2 part, power and resin, and built up a veneer on the outside missing part of the tooth, the Dark filling was showing before, and made it look like a tooth was missing, the Cement build up on the outside of the tooth was easy, needed 3 layers to build it up, but it looks great now, That should last for a little while, the breakage was not near the gum line, and the tooth was not infected, so I should be OK for a while,
Maybe I should open up a Dental Office I can do fillings too LOL, take care and have fun, Chellie

Old 04-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #19
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

I have learned how to do a lot of things on Youtube LOL

Old 04-22-2014, 01:00 AM   #20
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

I was looking for the punch line. LOL Now I'm getting queezy ! OMG You're dead serious. All I can hear is: " Hold still"

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 04-22-2014, 01:05 AM   #21
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
I was looking for the punch line. LOL Now I'm getting queezy ! OMG You're dead serious. All I can hear is: " Hold still"
Yes, I am Serious It was no big Deal, I just built up a Venn-er on my tooth that chipped off, and it came out great Now I dont have a area that looks like I am missing a tooth LOL, It was easy, But i dont think i will be doing any Drilling or grinding on my Teeth LOL

Old 04-23-2014, 01:02 AM   #22
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Yeah,

I know a Dentist in China. His name is Hu flung Pu. Be glad to introduce you !

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 04-23-2014, 05:01 AM   #23
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Yeah,

Hawk, You Need to read the Book, Under The Grandstands, Written By : Symore Butts LOL

Old 04-23-2014, 05:05 AM   #24
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Awards Showcase

Yeah,

LOL

Many years ago, I knew a guy by the name of Richard Head. (Yup, really did!)

DennyV

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Off Topic Chit Chat