Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-22-2014, 03:33 AM   #1
Karnsy

Friends: (0)
Default Need Help With 90 Degree Retracts

Help please,,,,,,,,,
Looking for help with a set of durable 10-15 90 degree retracts.
I have had it with E-flite retracts. I have other planes with less expensive retracts on them lasting landing after landing no issues. I am on my 3rd set of eflites for my PZ F4U Corsair and I can't afford to keep paying for them over and over. First the trunnions break and now the gears.

Can anyone help me figure out which set & Manufacture will fit my Corsair that you have had good luck with
Old 04-22-2014, 03:51 AM   #2
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

http://www.pw-rc.com/index.php/cPath...e82a12b92e720f
Old 04-22-2014, 06:59 AM   #3
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

+1 on PW-RC- Phillip is a good guy and ships reasonably. I've gone through a few sets over the last few years. Eflight ( HH) gets a lot of $$$ for what are average retracts.

I'm liking the all metal retracts with oleo struts from HK and the newer FMS retracts are superb.

Are the Corsair retracts twist and turn? They can be fussy no matter what. Have a set in my FMS P-40. Are you flying off grass or pavement? Grass fields, unless well groomed , eat retracts for breakfast.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
Karnsy

Friends: (0)

Wow great site.. But I do not see retracts with what looks like the right measurements.. The E-flite are 35mm X 31mm at the base. Am I going to have to make adjustments to the retract or to the wing to make them fit ? It says at HH this model Corsair is 1120.. I guess I can cut away material if I have to but was hoping to have some that might just drop in like the e-flite.....??
Old 04-22-2014, 05:35 PM   #5
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

The strut lengths may need adjustment, and maybe wheel size. If you have to cut foam for other than the "scissor" on a spring loaded strut you are doing it wrong.

I got a set to replace the retracts on a Dynam Me-262 and had to relieve foam in the main wheel wells for the scissor. (because the Dynam retracts didn't have the scissors) Strut is a little short and the wheel a little small but it goes into the well with no issue and keeps the EDF nacelles off the ground.

You can extend the spring loaded struts by spacing them down on a longer sire through the trunion block. Stack wheel collars on to take up the space and make it look like the machined strut is longer.

You either get the custom fit retract set for the model from the model's maker or you have to adjust to fit.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions