Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #1
McShaney

Friends: (0)
Default Cx2 3in 1 control unit

Hi all
Newbie to rc Helis here and I have a "small" query..One of my rotors wont spin up at all,have checked the motors which are both working fine,so I am pretty sure that it is the 3 in 1 unit (unless anyone can suggest anything else)
So my question is..This seems to be very much out of stock here in the uk are they still available or have they been superseded by the 4 in 1 unit,Which seems to be available just about everywhere.?

Can I replace it with the 4 in 1?
Is it a better unit or should i just keep waiting till the 3 in 1 becomes available?

Thanks in Advance :-)
Old 05-12-2014, 01:32 AM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,190 Times in 2,096 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (317)

you can buy them on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/351067142843?lpid=82

https://www.google.com/search?client...utf-8&oe=utf-8

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 05-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #3
McShaney

Cheers, not a big fan of eBay, but if needs must..so to be clear, stick with the 3in1 then?
Old 05-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #4
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 

Hi I would stay with what ever came out of the Heli, I am not sure if a 4 in 1 would work or not, some of the motors have fuses going to them, if the motors does not have fuses, you might want to install them to protect the 3 in 1.

if near your motors you dont see what looks like a Cap, then you might want to pick up these

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...bcx-2-EFLH1206

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 05-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #5
McShaney

Thanks Alot Chellie,I have seen those on top of the motors,so it should be ok :-)
Old 05-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #6
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)

Yes, I understand the esc's in the 3-in-1 units fried very easily if you don't shut down the throttle fast enough in incidents where the rotors are physically jammed. I haven't messed with my cx2 in years but I think I recall people getting those fuses Chellie mentions.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:01 PM   #7
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Awards Showcase

Are the ones you saw on top of the motors connected from one terminal to the other, connecting + and -? Then those are capacitors. If you look at Chellie's photo, the fuses are in line in the positive wire only.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:23 AM   #8
McShaney

Hi again folks.I looked at the Inlines (NoT Fuses)...I have replaced the Unit and also upgraded the motors to these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/15123...f14=108&ff19=0

Though Now I have a Different problem,When I get it all switched on and plugged in,the receiver starts up flashes through its cycle..Red Flash Green flash Green solid..All seems fine,then after about 1 min Regardless of whether i touch the transmitter or not the 3 in 1 starts to flash Red.
I have tried all I can thing of and finished with trying to re-bind the Trans and Rec,but still no joy and Im Stumped...Any Ideas.??
Old 05-23-2014, 02:42 AM   #9
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by McShaney View Post
Hi again folks.I looked at the Inlines (NoT Fuses)...I have replaced the Unit and also upgraded the motors to these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/15123...f14=108&ff19=0

Though Now I have a Different problem,When I get it all switched on and plugged in,the receiver starts up flashes through its cycle..Red Flash Green flash Green solid..All seems fine,then after about 1 min Regardless of whether i touch the transmitter or not the 3 in 1 starts to flash Red.
I have tried all I can thing of and finished with trying to re-bind the Trans and Rec,but still no joy and Im Stumped...Any Ideas.??

maybe this might help.

Default FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Called eflight tech. It seems that the polarity has been reversed on the new AR6110E receiver. The black wires all go on the print side of the receiver where it says, batt, throttle etc... The older receiver was the opposite the black wires all went on the back side of the print!

also seperate your transmitter from the receiver when binding, sometimes if they are to close together, the bind wont take place.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:30 AM   #10
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Awards Showcase

Start with the basics. Is everything plugged into the right place? With correct polarity?

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters