Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Multi-Rotors
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Multi-Rotors Discuss your quad copters and other multi engined choppers here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-14-2014, 05:16 PM   #1
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)
Default Blade 200QX BNF

I had a chance to fly the 200QX Thursday at the LHS.....It was their demo model. They were out of stock on a new one, so I ordered from Horizon yesturday (should say the kids and Mom ordered it for Father's Day).......

It should be here this Wednesday.

I'll post a "what I think of it" here soon as I have time.....although, I will say, the test flight was fun and it flies with more authority, speed and potential than the my Nano QX.....plan on attaching one of my little security cube cameras to it once I get it all dialed in........just for sht's & grins.........

AMA 928214
Old 06-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Well, here's the "what I think of it"........Arrived yesturday morning. Set-up the TX (DX6i) while charging the battery last night......pretty simple TX set-up, came with an addendum chart including camera settings (their's) and additional TX's settings.

Took it out earlier in a little breeze......as advertised, it's got loads of power (only flew on two settings, stability low and stability high) no doubt the agility mode will fly much like a CCP heli since the stability aspect is shut off in that mode....the DR/EXPO rate TX settings can also be adjusted as with any of the factory suggested TX settings.....if one cares to.

It's constructed quite well, battery compartment may be big enough to stuff a simular sized (width/girth) 900 to 1000mAh 7.4v....since the 800mAh does not give much run time.....two flights averaged 5.5mins ea., not much time and setting the default battery power alarms to the lower voltage warnings is out of the question.......since it's sensor can not be reprogrammed. LED flash warnings start at 7.1v, 7.0v, 6.9v and shuts down completely at 6.2v.......I tested it......the manual is dead on!

It weighs in at 6.7oz flight ready, even with the available power, attaching a camera (other than their's at .6oz's and $50.00) that weighs more than +2oz's will no doubt reduce the flight times even more (this is the only negitive aspect I found).....after all, it is what it is.....the little brother to the 350QX......!

Over-all, considering the lack of run time and no GPS (RTH) feature, I'd say it's a little over priced..........other than that (I have no buyers remorse).........the 200QX would be a good choice for the person who wants quality, durability, desires a great quad learning tool (or enjoys the new fad of quad racing), Spektrum friendly, indoor/outdoor Quad.....

My follow-up post will include a vid.....with the little cube camera attached.....it only cost $35.00 and vid quality has been amassing so far when attached to my planks......we'll see!

AMA 928214
Old 06-19-2014, 06:35 PM   #3
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Default Power Engaging Tip

Here's a little tip for those who are interested in the 200 QX......

The manual states that once you have properly programed the TX, performed bind and are ready to take flight........after the TX is turned on and battery connected........"you must move both sticks from center to lowest bottom inside corners, then back to center" in order to get the props engaged and in an idle.....!

This had me stumped for awhile.......was only able to get the first flight off by accident, the next few attempts failed to engage props.
So I gave Horizon a call....they returned my call within a hour.....and we went through the process live.....the tech was walking me through several attempts with his 200 QX and DX6i...same as myself.

Finally, we figured out that on my model (and evidently a few others) the throttle trim tab must be one or two clicks above center prior to moving the sticks.......and both sticks do not need to be moved to the inside corners.
On my model, once the throttle trim was advanced two clicks of center, I only needed to hold the throttle stick completly down and move it from left to right quickly two times.....and the props engaged into an idle......wha-laa..!

Have not had an issue since, now over 10 flights.......

Flew it at night outside......she's very visible at + 60' (approx. 10x's my stature) and orientation was not a problem...and I'm color blind red/green.......and near sighted..................maybe if all those onboard, very bright LED's were less power consuming, I'd get 8min's of flight time (they cannot be turned off).........

AMA 928214
Old 06-27-2014, 01:11 AM   #4
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Have not attached the cube camera on her yet......been windy and I still need to get a good grip of the three flight modes. Although, it seems the stability low mode will be the best for vid's since she's less likely to "jerk" around when changing flight position during a 30' to 40' hover....have yet to fly in any still conditions out of doors

Purchased (2) Tenergy 900mAh 25c 2s batteries. They fit perfect. Performed an indoor flight time test btw the E-Flight and Tenergy.......was able to hover the craft with E-Flite for 8min's.......the Tenergy gave me 9.5min's and seems to have a quicker thrust reponse. The Tenergy's only had only one charge on them......the E-Flite has now been fully charged and discharged 12 times.......my thinking is the Tenergy's will give a little more after they have been broken in....!

This little quad is the bomb......now if I can only get the weather to get some real out door flight time...!

AMA 928214
Old 06-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
Flubber

View Flubber's Gallery8
Club: DE R/C, SKSS
Friends: (0)

That quad sounds like a winner.

Your arming sequence is just like the 350. I tried the two stick method and it worked but only with the throttle trim up.

When I landed I tried it again to stop the motors (NAZA protocol) and promptly flipped it over. Only gripe with this quad is turning the motors off. If you land in RTH mode the motors will stop on their own but if you switch RTH off they will start again.
Please keep an eye on this as I had it spool up on the bench.

Have fun

Terry

Flying is like ... ah well ... I can not think of anything it is like...
Old 07-12-2014, 09:16 PM   #6
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Default 200QX Panoramic View

Finally got around to video recording with the 200QX.......

I used a $9.00 camera on this first try, did not want to waste time or damage my expensive cube serveillance camera on the first attempt.

There is 10min. of panoramic view.....first 1/2, camera is in full video mode. 2nd 1/2, camera is in auto still mode, rotated 180*.....had to bring the quad down to re-set camera modes. Both landings were poor (no damage) since the added weight caused bouncing and tipped over the quad.....need to practice this more now that I know the added weight (be it 2oz.) changes the hovering characteristics:

The vid quality isn't much to write home about, but the quad and vid are very stable in either high or low angle flights modes......no jello, just a bit jerky.........Now, onto attaching the better camera........should be pretty decent.....we'll see later on!

AMA 928214
Old 07-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #7
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Originally Posted by Flubber View Post
That quad sounds like a winner.

Your arming sequence is just like the 350. I tried the two stick method and it worked but only with the throttle trim up.

When I landed I tried it again to stop the motors (NAZA protocol) and promptly flipped it over. Only gripe with this quad is turning the motors off. If you land in RTH mode the motors will stop on their own but if you switch RTH off they will start again.
Please keep an eye on this as I had it spool up on the bench.

Have fun
Since I added weight with camera, landings have been an adventure....blades on this little guy continue to rotate during landing......I have been practicing slower decents and using the throttle cut at just touchdown distance..........the added weight on the skinny stock legs causes bounce...which cause tip-over........motors do shut off at the slightest contact with any thing that does not move......and the flashers and beeping alarms waste no time annoying me.....lol

As for any "mystery" spool-ups.......have not experienced any of that, no NAZA, GPS, RTH protocol on this one......when she's shut down, she's shut down completely.

Getting ready to vid with the "expensive" cube......lol, it's smaller and lighter.......playing with lens angles (only have two choices)....I'm in no hurry, want to get the best editing quality I can.....embarrassing to post what quality I can get, amoungst all the semi-pro stuff. Does the Blade 200QX no justice (my skills excluded)........

AMA 928214

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Multi-Rotors