Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Multi-Rotors
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Multi-Rotors Discuss your quad copters and other multi engined choppers here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-29-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
pax1980

Friends: (0)
Default HELP! My WALKERA qr350Pro went bad, then missing!

Hi, I've had a really sad day when I lost my Walkera QR 350 Pro, Gimbal, Ilook, with Devo-10 and RX-LCD 7 "display.

The first 2 flights today was successful take-offs and landings as normal. We flew pretty low taking pcitures.
The first trip I landed manually, the second trip I landed via GPS mode go home.
It had spent about 10-12 min of battery so far this day.

On the third trip it began to behave strangely and suddenly began to go against WEST / SOUTH WEST. It was as if the remote control gave minimal response (just strange!), and I really struggled to try to take it back.
When I realized I was about to lose all control, I put it in GO HOME mode. This gave no response.

The Walkera then went very fast WEST - WEST / SOUTH and rose higher and higher.
My co-pilot ran as fast as he could as he looked at the screen (wifi, rx-lcd)
It was not possible to see the drone, so the only thing he saw was the video signal.
The signal became weaker and weaker, but we recognize some of the area (camera was facing down)

We've been out searching for 6-7 hours in the hope of finding it, or pick up a video signal, but have not found anything.

I know none of you are psychic ... But does anyone know what could have happened? Has anyone had a similar experience? Are there any clues to what it might have done after we lost it?

Map on google map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/ed...I.kne4CWbQ0Tuc

Old 06-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,109 Times in 2,019 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (305)

did you replace the battery between flights, if not, you may have drained the battery down to low, and lost operating voltage, low voltage.

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 06-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
pax1980

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
did you replace the battery between flights, if not, you may have drained the battery down to low, and lost operating voltage, low voltage.

Thanks for your answer Chellie

No we did not change the battery package, but we figured out that we should have 10-12 min left, plenty of time.

But when it left, it really accelerated, and the battery seems to have plenty of power left.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:06 PM   #4
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

Sorry for your loss, but this is just more ammunition for the FAA. As far as if other people are having this happen, go to youtube and search for quad flyaway. You'll only see the vids of the ones people retrieved, and there seems to be plenty of them.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #5
pax1980

Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
Sorry for your loss, but this is just more ammunition for the FAA. As far as if other people are having this happen, go to youtube and search for quad flyaway. You'll only see the vids of the ones people retrieved, and there seems to be plenty of them.
Thanks Xmech. Yes, after this accident, I found a LOT of treads with "Fly aways". It seems a lot of drones goes mad and just runs off... woundering where...

If I ever finds it, or gets a new, a GPS tracker is a must!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:53 PM   #6
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

Probably should be a way to set it for loss of signal = go home.... since it has the go home mode.

Its sounding like something caused loss of communication between TX and RX and the quad went into one of its autopilot modes, just not the mode you wanted.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Multi-Rotors