Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-29-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
Helicoholics
VENDOR posing as a regular user

Friends: (0)
Default A perfect practical quadcopter for beginner!!

Cheerson CX-10 Nano RC UFO Quadcopter, , I think it is the most smallest Rc quadcopter.
It is so nano that you can hardly see it when it flys away meters long.
But it is very suitable for beginners to use, it have all the functions that branded multicopters to do with 6-Axis Gyro.
With strong break-resistant ability, to operate it is so easy that you can learn to control the multicopters skill quickly.
Super-mini size, you can put it into your pocket directly with its controller.
With such low a discounted price of $18.97, you can own a rc quadcopter without a hitch.
Anyway, i consider it is the perfect one that one would like to learn mulicopter control skills as beginners.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:05 PM   #2
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)

"Anyway, i consider it is the perfect one that one would like to learn mulicopter control skills as beginners."

There may be many who have learned to fly multi-rotor who may disagree with that assessment.....and the main reason why is:

"It is so nano that you can hardly see it when it flys away meters long."
Orientation is one of the biggest hurdles to overcome with multi-rotor, particularly when the craft is at altitude.

"But it is very suitable for beginners to use"......"practical".....

The only aspect that may be "suitable" is damage control and price..........even at it's small size, hard knocks will take their toll very quickly and it's not really designed to be repaired or replacing parts, it's a throw-away meant to be replaced not repaired.

"Practical"...?...........I fail to see the practicality here, it's to small to have any practical purpose.

"you can own a rc quadcopter without a hitch"

There will be plenty of "hitches" once its been bounced off the wall or floor a few times. Thus, leaving the "beginner" frustrated and not learning much more than "they probably should have purchased a bigger craft to learn on".....even at $20.00 bucks a pop.

I find the sales promotion being presented here misleading and overstated. Particularly this statement:

"it have all the functions that branded multicopters to do with 6-Axis Gyro."

That is if "branded" implies Blade, Walkera, Heli-Max, Traxxas, Hubsan, WL Toys, Cheerson......leaving the Syma and Estes models off the list.

AMA 928214
Old 10-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Club: Long Island Silent Flyers
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)

The folks in the Heli form might be more interested than the airplane forum.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Long Island Silent Flyers
www.lisf.org
Eastern Soaring League
www.flyesl.org
Old 10-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
Rockin Robbins
Super Contributor

What kind of sailplane is that thing?
Old 10-11-2014, 12:19 AM   #5
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 

I think the guy in Rockin Robins post is so shocked because Heliholics keeps posting thinly veiled advertisements everywhere but in the appropriate section.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #6
Siberianhusky

Club: Human Race

Great! Just what the world needs! More cheap chinese crap that ends up in the landfill!
Old 10-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #7
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

I don't agree with OP's use of the forum to advertise .... there are specific places for such ...

But I did see similar to this 'Nano-Quad' at Cirava other day ... there was a gentle breeze and guy was happily flying it about the field !

Cheap Chinese Crap ? Just about covers most of what we use ?

Without it - many people would not afford modelling ...

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 10-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #8
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
I don't agree with OP's use of the forum to advertise .... there are specific places for such ...

But I did see similar to this 'Nano-Quad' at Cirava other day ... there was a gentle breeze and guy was happily flying it about the field !

Cheap Chinese Crap ? Just about covers most of what we use ?

Without it - many people would not afford modelling ...

Nigel

Cheap as in quality....crap as in stuff or junk.....?

I hardly believe you Nigel.............you tend to lean towards quality at a reasonable price (based on what you post here at WattFlyer).

As for we.......well, that's another issue. Collectively, here at WattFlyer, it seems most prefer quality, pay up front once, and not have to worry about relliability, replacment and additional spending just to get the "junk" to function properly.......

Today's cost (affordability) has given the wantabies many opportunities to get into the hobby.....however, the frustration they have experienced going cheap has also chased as many away.....most who go down that road never open a book or hook up with a mentor.....had they, quality, reliability and practicality would have been their first priorities.....not cost!.......

AMA 928214
Old 10-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #9
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

Sorry to burtst the holy balloon P ... but check out how many recc'ds here on WF for Turnigy motors, HK models, just to mention two of the many.

HK is retail outlet of Hextronic ..... a large Chinese manufacturer. How many use HXT servo's ?
Even the holiest of thou Hacker is no longer original production, that moved some years ago.

Chinese production has in fact brought many to the fold. I agree that there is a lot of junk out there and I will say this - I know of those who have bought junk from the supermarket shelf, found its a waste of money - BUT the bug has bit and they sought flyable models.

We moan about production moving out to China - but I bet you have more on your bench because of the prices than if all had stayed domestic production. Doesn't matter if we talk USA or Europe .... same applies.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 10-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #10
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Sorry to burtst the holy balloon P ... but check out how many recc'ds here on WF for Turnigy motors, HK models, just to mention two of the many.

HK is retail outlet of Hextronic ..... a large Chinese manufacturer. How many use HXT servo's ?
Even the holiest of thou Hacker is no longer original production, that moved some years ago.

Chinese production has in fact brought many to the fold. I agree that there is a lot of junk out there and I will say this - I know of those who have bought junk from the supermarket shelf, found its a waste of money - BUT the bug has bit and they sought flyable models.

We moan about production moving out to China - but I bet you have more on your bench because of the prices than if all had stayed domestic production. Doesn't matter if we talk USA or Europe .... same applies.

Nigel
Many hobbiest (like Nigel) have little choice but to buy HK or other Asian based vendor (not manufacture) due to shipping and selection......it's common knowledge that 90% of all RC equipment is manufactured in an Asian country not just China, and it's common knowledge why.......and not everything made there is junk or cheap.

However, Nigel has failed to address this:

"most who go down that road never open a book or hook up with a mentor.....had they, quality, reliability and practicality would have been their first priorities.....not cost!"

One either takes this hobby to perfection or just fools around with it for kicks.....the latter will buy junk and desire a cheap price......and maybe enjoy the frustration enough to stick with it and eventually figure out most often you actually get what you pay for, after dropping 10 times the original purchase price keeping the junk in the air and in one piece......

AMA 928214
Old 10-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #11
Siberianhusky

Club: Human Race

I see where I called this thing junk, I see nowhere I called any of the good and reliable product coming out of china junk.
I really can't understand the HK/hextronic bit, those works never left my keyboard!

"Great! Just what the world needs! More cheap chinese crap that ends up in the landfill!"

Exact quote, entire post!
How you went off on that rant is pretty funny.
Un-wad the panties and get off the high horse.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #12
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Siberianhusky View Post
I see where I called this thing junk, I see nowhere I called any of the good and reliable product coming out of china junk.
I really can't understand the HK/hextronic bit, those works never left my keyboard!

"Great! Just what the world needs! More cheap chinese crap that ends up in the landfill!"

Exact quote, entire post!
How you went off on that rant is pretty funny.
Un-wad the panties and get off the high horse.
I made an honest comment which was pounced on by P .... no rant - just a genuine reply to P.

Nigel

Old 10-12-2014, 11:27 PM   #13
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Friends: (4)

I can see how this product is viewed as junk...then again my LHS has that tiny like quad...which has no parts available. Calling it Chinese junk...you cant really when everything is Chinese, and some of the actual Chinese companies put out products for less money and are better than "name brand", like frsky. You can't rely compare a Durafly model to the level of quality and support of this quad, yet both are Chinese. In fact, many name brand planes don't even compare to the detail and quality of Durafly and FMS.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners