Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > FMA Direct
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

FMA Direct Discuss FMA Direct products or ask your support questions.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-24-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
Tim Marks
President FMA, Inc.

Friends: (0)
Default New CPII Firmware v1.40 Available

Dear CPII Customer:

FMA Direct is pleased to announce that new Firmware v1.40 is now available for all Co Pilot II systems. Any customer who currently owns a CPII system and either the FMA FUIM2 or FUIM3 PC interface is eligible for the free download. Following is the link from the FMA Direct website to the CPII Firmware Update Utility. Follow the on-line instructions to download and install the application as well as the correct USB PC interface. Click on the latest firmware v1.40 and select "Update Firmware". The new firmware substantially extends reliable operation of the CPII system in marginal weather conditions supporting a temperature differential down to 5 deg F (temperature difference between the earth and sky). Check the following image of the CPII Firmware Update Utility software.

Software Install Page:

http://www.fmadirect.com/new_applica..._software.html

Please be advised, on the CPII Firmware Update Utility installer page, instruction 9 under "Method 1" and instruction 4 under "Method 2" have been revised as follows:

Once the CPII Firmware Update Utility launches, click on the link in the bottom right corner of the main program window titled "Download USB Driver". Follow the on-screen instructions to install the correct driver for your Windows operating system. Connect the USB end of the PC interface to the computer at this time. Now connect the other end of the PC interface to the CPII ACCY port observing polarity (black wire toward label). Power the CPII computer up using a battery or BEC output (recommend disconnecting the motor). Set the Comm port for "Auto". Highlight the firmware version you wish to install, then click "Update Firmware". After about 1 minute, the software should aquire the CPII computer, begin the download countdown timer, and complete with a pop up dialog box to let you know the update was successful.

The installer page will be updated momentarily. Sorry for any confusion.

Update: the install page has been updated with the above information.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CPII Software.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	123861
Old 03-24-2010, 07:10 AM   #2
nightflyr

Install this firmware update and decided to try it in the lousiest weather you would ever care to take your bird out in,

Worked like a charm and held rock steady.

nightflyr
Old 03-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
Jack Doherty
PowerLab 8 beta tester

Default FUIM# interface:

Originally Posted by Tim Marks View Post
Dear CPII Customer:

FMA Direct is pleased to announce that new Firmware v1.40 is now available for all Co Pilot II systems. Any customer who currently owns a CPII system and either the FMA FUIM2 or FUIM3 PC interface is eligible for the free download. Following is the link from the FMA Direct website to the CPII Firmware Update Utility. Follow the on-line instructions to download and install the application as well as the correct USB PC interface. Click on the latest firmware v1.40 and select "Update Firmware". The new firmware substantially extends reliable operation of the CPII system in marginal weather conditions supporting a temperature differential down to 5 deg F (temperature difference between the earth and sky). Check the following image of the CPII Firmware Update Utility software.

Software Install Page:

http://www.fmadirect.com/new_applica..._software.html

If you do not already have a FUIM2 or FUIM3 then the interface to update CPII and all other FMA Direct's equipment including all of their chargers and power management systems can be found at this link:

http://www.fmadirect.com/detail.htm?...366&section=45

I have had great success testing the new CPII Firmware v1.40. The weather here in Aubrey, Texas (near Dallas) has not been as bad as I would have liked for testing the new firmware but have flown several time with complete cloud coverage and as low as 10 to 11 degrees sky/earth temperature difference with out any degrading of CPII's performance. I have tested the new firmware on both a Trex 500 and a Trex 600 nitro. Both helicopters will right themselves from an inverted orientation in a heart beat. Now that's a bail out switch everyone can use at times.

Jack
CPII beta tester
v1.40 beta tester
Old 03-26-2010, 12:07 AM   #4
nightflyr

Default !.40 in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I42obUw1rBI

AmericanWereWolf 800 CPII/3G/ds760
RJX/ALIGN 800 CPII/VBar5.0
TREX800ESP/AP CPII/MicroBeast
TREX650 SuperStretch CPII/3G/ds760

Old 05-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #5
lucas45

Hi
not sure whats happening. I updated my CP-II and now I get no main sensor found. Tried to load default verson 1.38 and I do not get that error, all looks good. I tried v 1.40 and then I.41 and get same errors in .40 and 41. Does that mean that My main sensor NEVER worked before? How can I test it on the ground to see if it works. or do I have a faulty sensor?
Old 05-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #6
Tim Marks
President FMA, Inc.

Originally Posted by lucas45 View Post
Hi
not sure whats happening. I updated my CP-II and now I get no main sensor found. Tried to load default verson 1.38 and I do not get that error, all looks good. I tried v 1.40 and then I.41 and get same errors in .40 and 41. Does that mean that My main sensor NEVER worked before? How can I test it on the ground to see if it works. or do I have a faulty sensor?
Hi:

The firmware version you're running should not have anything to do with the computer module not being able to find the main sensor. Chances are you have an intermittent connection; possibly a broken or loose wire between the sensor and the computer module. Check your wiring carefully. Make sure the pins are all seated in the shells correctly and the polarity is correct.

If the CPII computer is not communicating with the main sensor, flight stabilization is switched OFF. I figure you would know if you were never getting stabilization before in the past. To my knowledge, there is no new error message that would cause the symptoms you're seeing on latter versions but not earlier versions. In other words, the message should come up regardless of what firmware version you are running. Basically, you are plugging in the FUIM3 each time you are re-programming and you're probably moving the wires around in the process causing or losing connection.

If you don't get it going, call customers service next week.

Tim Marks
Old 05-09-2010, 02:22 AM   #7
nightflyr

+1,
faulty connection will cause that, I had a similar issue turned out the connector to the main sensor backed out a bit..reseated all the connections.and has worked fine since.

AmericanWereWolf 800 CPII/3G/ds760
RJX/ALIGN 800 CPII/VBar5.0
TREX800ESP/AP CPII/MicroBeast
TREX650 SuperStretch CPII/3G/ds760

Old 05-09-2010, 03:12 AM   #8
lucas45

Smile

Originally Posted by Tim Marks View Post
Hi:

The firmware version you're running should not have anything to do with the computer module not being able to find the main sensor. Chances are you have an intermittent connection; possibly a broken or loose wire between the sensor and the computer module. Check your wiring carefully. Make sure the pins are all seated in the shells correctly and the polarity is correct.

If the CPII computer is not communicating with the main sensor, flight stabilization is switched OFF. I figure you would know if you were never getting stabilization before in the past. To my knowledge, there is no new error message that would cause the symptoms you're seeing on latter versions but not earlier versions. In other words, the message should come up regardless of what firmware version you are running. Basically, you are plugging in the FUIM3 each time you are re-programming and you're probably moving the wires around in the process causing or losing connection.

If you don't get it going, call customers service next week.

Tim Marks
Wow ! thanks for the quick reply.
I tried again to load the software with the main sensor connected to the Avionics computer as I had a extention on my Heli. Same error. I then reloaded the original software V1.38 and on preflight test it said all ok go fly. I then removed the main sensor and reconnected and guess what .... The preflight test did not recognise that the main sensor was NOT conneted! so I either have a faulty Sensor or Avionics Computer. I will call Customer service on Monday.
I also updated my Cellpro 10 and love that charger.. what a great product!
Good thing is only my heli is grounded. I will fly my planes until until this problem is fixed.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > FMA Direct