Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Combat
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Combat Electric combat discussion in here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #51
stevecooper
Super Contributor

View stevecooper's Gallery86
Club: Mullet Mauroders
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (87)

SmokyBub:: you need a tad more downThust to cure that wingover landing, It'll pro'ly seddle her up a might on all manuvers. your bubsteve

Monkey Minion'air
Old 07-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #52
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

View smokejohnson's Gallery22
Club: Independent
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot  WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (108)

I don't know if I would want to mess with it, for just screaming across the sky I love the way it handles. Suppose I could try a washer behind the mount instead of bending anything. That way if I don't like the way it works I can get back to what I have now.

So do I want the prop pointed up or down?

Old 07-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #53
stevecooper
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

I've found after a few nose-in's the mount bends forward, look at it side-ways and see if the mounts still 90%, the prob first shows with the little "wing-Over" when slow & turn'in , your left turn'in rolls will be less squrilly, Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!bubsteve

Monkey Minion'air
Old 08-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #54
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

So I tried a 2409-12 on the Assassin today. I did not add any extra weight in the nose, I wanted to just try a straight swap first. Of course the handling went to crap, I would need to add weight to the nose to get it back to where it was. Yes it flies faster now but I am not sure if it is enough to make it worth it. For one I would need to swap out my esc if I wanted to continue to use it. With the 7x6 prop the 2409-12 is pulling 23 amps, I was using a 20amp esc with the EMax. Another thing that was a real bummer is the shaft bent on the first landing . I had over a dozen flights on the EMax with no issues.

I think I will just put the EMax back on and find something else to put the 2409-12 on.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:07 AM   #55
Old Tin Man

Friends: (0)

Hey Smokejohnson, Sorry to hear that the motor did not work on your plane. I used the other motor that the designer recommend. I used this one from HK:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=5655

Seems to be just a little faster but the vertical is much better. I did need to add weight to the front of the plane but I just opened up the battery bay and used a 2200 lipo instead of the 1300 that I had. Seems to be a good trade off.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:45 AM   #56
stevecooper
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

It bent with a prop saver??? I've got 100's on the tower-pro on mine (3mmshaft) with no bends, try a 8.45 GWS DD prop on her for a bit lower amp draw,the APC props wind them amps up! bubsteve bubsteve

Monkey Minion'air
Old 08-13-2010, 02:56 AM   #57
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

No prop saver, I have a 7x6 on a prop adapter. I'm trying to remember but I don't think I can get an 8" prop on mine with cutting some foam out of the way.

I just wanted to try for a little more power but I think I will just go back to the way it was. I need to remember dad's advice...if it ain't broke don't fix it .

Old 08-13-2010, 03:15 AM   #58
stevecooper
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

A prop savers really a must on these unless your catch'in it ( My fave way to "land") I like 8" prop's an you ain't got to nibble it to much, 2409-12 (unlike the 2409-18)has a narrow band of props it like's, bubsteve

Monkey Minion'air
Old 09-16-2010, 03:31 AM   #59
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

I'm bringing this set up for a DX6i over here so it easier for me to find. I have it on my Mini-15 now and I think I am going to start using it for all of my elevon set ups. Here is a link to Lee's post were I found it.

Another E-mail gave us this method of programing the DX6i using programmable mixing rather than just the elevon mixing. There seems to be a problem with the program on the Spektrum DX6i that makes it so differentials don't operate properly with the standard elevon set up. They operate fine if both are set at 80% or 100% but if you turn the elevator down to 80% and the ailerons up to 125% in the elevon mixing the right and left elevon no longer are calibrated and one moves more than the other and they shouldn't. This is a fix that has been greatly discussed on line.

"First, plug your right servo into the aileron plug and your left servo into Aux 1 (the Flap plug). This may be reversed in some setups.

Set your Wing Type to Dual Ailerons. Now check your aileron control -- it should work normally for an elevon plane (elevator is not yet working). If it doesn't, you'll probably end up having to reverse your plugs to make things work right.

Next, go to Mix 1 and set Elev -> Flap with both rates (D & U) at 100%. In my case that was -100%, but you may have to use +100 percent in your setup. Check function; at this point it should look like an Elevon plane with a boatload of travel. Don't fret about that -- the extra travel will "fix" your trim buttons! And don't forget to set "Trim" to ACT in the lower right corner of this screen.

Now, if you want differential it should work perfectly. If it goes in the wrong direction, you'll have to back up and reverse the plugs (move the servo in Ail to Aux and vice-versa) and redo the other settings to reverse them. Ultimately it means you'll have all the function back at the cost of a single mix.

But you get some payback for that mix: your Flap switch will now work! Probably the best use for it on an elevon plane is adjusting the elevons to max glide duration in case you want to do some thermals and don't want to try and see what the little bugger is doing at 400 feet...

Undoubtedly your elevon travel will now be too great. If you go to Dual Rates and reduce your top rate down at least to 80% of full, your trim buttons will now be completely safe to use -- the endpoint travel will not be greater than your allowed travel, so the weird "button effects" go away.

As far as I can tell, this is a complete fix. Would be delighted to hear if anyone hits a snag... also this leaves the option of another mix open (if you're using rudder and want a mix, or wish to do a throttle -> "flap" mix to get the torque roll out, for example)."

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Combat